The Home Remote

Issues like that can be corrected by updating the layout properties. An easy fix would be to assign an absolute Width & Height to the DeviceBrowser. If you'd rather not do that, you can try assigning Stretch values to the VerticalAlignment & HorizontalAlignment properties. Or do a mix, a fixed width with a stretched height.

Screenshot looks great! FYI, you can also hide those top AppBar & StatusBars if you wanted to. Since already have a clock on your page, you probably don't need the StatusBar. Those bars can be set per page or globally. When they aren't set on the individual pages (left blank), then they inherit their visibility from MainPage.

Really liking what can be created!

This is the latest template room I’m playing with

Audio Controls - The native Sonos integration is really great!

!

Security View - The two buttons on top of the camera view are shortcuts to PTZ presets:

Menu Navigation

Home View:

With the custom BME680 air quality tiles!

To Do List - still lots to do(!)..

• Standardise icons (have mix of two different styles currently)

• Page for each room

• Update security view to cater for additional cameras

• Some sort of overall status that is displayed at the top of each room (to more cleanly show room temperatures, number of windows, doors open) - I could have hubitat create this status and then display it, but any options to handle this within home remote - i.e. to aggregate output from multiple devices?

• Add room level electricity usage

• Add appliance controls

• Add AV Control for TV/Roku

• Add some sort of calendar view - does home remote support integration with calendars?

Is there a way to alter the font size of the page titles (highlighted in blue in above screenshot)?

1 Like

Looks great!

There isn't official support for calendars but you can embed them with the WebBrowser control.

You can not change the font in the AppBar. What I would do is hide the AppBar. Then you can add your own Label to display the page title. You can also add your own Button to open the navigation menu. Just add a MethodAction that calls App.OpenNavigationPane. "OpenNavigationPane" is not currently shown in the dropdown list but it is supported if you want to type it in. I need to add that to the dialog.

Have setup hubitat home remote a while ago with a few devices. I have many more now.
Went into maker api and added all my 70 devices there.
Going into home remote edit, I still see the old list with a few devices.

How do I get home remote to update the list to all 70? Do i need to refresh my maker token? Anything else I missed?

Ha found it.
Go home remote - settings - hubitat - click the refresh button above your devices.

1 Like

Guys, how's performance when hubitat sends state updates back to home remote? Is it fast or slow? Does the code manage this via websockets? If an app turns on a light within HE, how fast is the update back to home remote?

I use Sharptools currently, but am curious about this.

It uses WebSockets for local connections & cloud polling when away from home. So it will be faster when you are at home & connected to the same network.

1 Like

Gotcha and thnx for the quick reply. What's your polling frequency when connecting over cloud?

Also, I use Node Red hubitat integration which takes load off HE and works great. Anyway we could get a websockets integration running with NR HE for Home Remote? Might help with overall performance when keeping load off the hub.

When you are away from home & connected through the cloud it will poll at a rate of approximately 5 seconds.

Thanks for the tip. If you are a programmer you can write a custom plugin to connect to your NR WebSocket.

Thanks, one last question. Is it possible to setup websockets with the cloud connection using native HE hub?

I don't think so but I may not be the best person to ask. Back in May of 2020 they only had a locally accessible WebSocket. It's possible they've since released a WebSocket that is cloud accessible. You can ask their staff or maybe search API discussions here in the forum.

There was some discussion about that here a couple months ago. It doesn't look like anything has changed.

Having trouble with / devices one works one doesn’t. I have replaced all applicable tokens and still no luck. The other device works like a charm right next to it on the same network. It is a new iPhone 13 that I’m having issues with.

Any chance you didn't approve the Home Remote's request for Local Network access?

It should have prompted you shortly after installing the app. If you aren't sure, go to iOS Settings & make sure that the Local Network option is turned on.

Hi,

You mailed it. That was the problem. The new phone must have not had that selection. Appreciate you’re help.

1 Like

@bill.venhaus Love falling down the rabbit hole how have I not found this brilliant bit of work! Only just started playing but looks great

2 Likes

I started with the app is there a way to go from the app to the designer to improve the build?

Yes. Go to the Settings page in the app & then save a Backup. That Backup file can be used with the Designer. I actually recommend new users take this approach because starting with an app Backup can save you time.

I thought that but then it wouldn't let me select that file. will test again

If you are exporting from Android, you will need to rename the ZIP file extension to HRP in order to open it with the Designer.

1 Like