Temp sensor w/ external probe support?

@jesse.fetterman no I do not believe you can use a mimolite for temp readings I have never seen that function in their documents.
Just did some quick searching I see some very general reference to ability to use a temp probe but nothing in their technical documents and looking through other forums a few people have tried but I did not see anyone succeed or a DH for one.
Unfortunately both of mine are up in my garage ceiling on the garage door openers so can not test them out.
So I should not say it is impossible.

Thanks for looking into it for me. As always, I appreciate your help.

I purchased a qubino Flush, I set it up in Hubitat and it reads Temperature perfect. Is there a way to also use the dry contact relay? If so what device handler would I use? If I use the handler you posted, Iโ€™m not sure how to accomplish this.

Thank you

I do not use the switch or dry contact function but yes you should be able to use it
going off this post on SmartThings .

Are you just using the dry contact for something like a door contact sensor?

Looking through the Qubino manual you should beable to.

Parameter no. 4 โ€“ Input 1 contact type
This parameter determines how the switch or push-button is connected.
Values (size is 1 byte dec):
โ€ข default value 0
โ€ข 0 - NO (normally open) input type
โ€ข 1 - NC (normally close) input type

You can check your Qubino settings using basic Z-wave tool DH and may (reading through the SmartThings post if using a switch) have to change an Association Group ID:1 and an Association Group Members:01 then change the DH back to the Qubino DH (there is a stock Hubitat Qubino DH now).

I tried to find my old temp sensor to try on the mimolite because it should work as well unfortunately I misplaced it.

What Iโ€™m trying to accomplish is have the qubino send Temperature readings from our swimming pool. And then be able to turn on / off the pool heater using the dry contacts.

In the device handler there is an โ€œoffโ€ button but no โ€œonโ€. So Iโ€™m not sure how to do this.

How is your pool pump turned on/off normally? a built in switch I assume and how is it powered a standard plug in outlet?
For my hot water circulation my pump does not have a switch I have it plugged into a smart plug and when RM rule fires it turns on the smart plug which turns on the pump.
I think you could hard wire the qubino to a switch to turn but I have never done it. It would be simpler to just leave the pump switch on and use a smart plug.

It requires a 24vac input to turn it on, so I was going to use the dry contacts of the on board relay. I can go a different route, I was just trying to do it all with one Z-Wave module. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.