Support for Modern Forms Ceiling Fan Control

Please let me know when the new code is available. Thanks.

Do you think you can add reboot, so it can be scheduled in rm?

1 Like

Out of curiosity and before I go get a raspberry for HA; has there been any advancements to the code to initiate an automated reboot sequence?

No changes

Appreciate the quick response :slight_smile:

I went ahead and updated my driver on Github to add:

1. reboot command
  2. Support fan speeds 1 through 6 (Hubitat only supports 5 speeds, so both 3 and 4 map to "medium").

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks @bhamiltoncx — I've installed this and will test over the next few days. I currently have the reboot() capability scheduled to run every 6 hours. (This is a lot less klugey than what I had been doing — I had been interrupting power to the entire fan remotely for 45 seconds.)

1 Like

This is great. I picked up two of these fans because of this. I have two installed on my patio and I am curious if there is any way to group two fans in hubitat? I am sure this is a strange use case but I figured I would ask.

Has anyone gotten this stable yet?

How’s it going?

I have a scheduled reboot() call using this driver, and so far so good — 6 days with no hard lockups.

Apparently I spoke too soon. This morning the fan controller was locked up again. I changed my reboot() call to 6x/day instead of 4x. Will see!

Apparently, home assistant fixed the problem and have an official integration now Modern Forms - Home Assistant

I wonder if it can be replicated

I'm looking at these fans... did this work out?

This is working great for me. At my request bhamiltoncx added a configuration to exclude the lighting child device if you don't have the light kit attached, and it works great. This driver is a bit noisy, so I reduced the poll interval to 1800 seconds, which works find for me since I only control the fan programatically.

On my fan medium-low driver setting maps to fan level 2 and medium maps to 4. Is that the intent? Is there any way to provide user-configurable speed mapping in the driver? I'm asking because level 3 is actually the ideal speed for me and I can't actually set the fan to level 3 with the driver (2 is a bit too slow and 4 is too fast in the winter). My fan is 6+ meters up in my cathedral ceiling, so level 1 barely does anything, and I would like to set the level mapping to 2-6 and eliminate 1. Thanks!

@bhamiltoncx - Scratch that. Right after I posted this, I had the revelation to change the mapping myself in the driver, so I did that to eliminate level 1. Still, a great update would be to add speed mapping to the config. Thanks again for this awesome work!

1 Like

No worries! I'd have to think how to build a UI to make the mapping simple.

Hey There - I cannot find a way to schedule the rebot() command. Is this done in the Driver Code or are you using RM?

I use RM. I'm still getting occasional lockups; I soft reboot the controller 6x/day and hard reboot (2 minute power outage via a different switch) 1x/day.