Modern Forms Smart Fans (Wifi, Bluetooth) - How to integrate with Hubitat

Friends,

I recently bought 3 Modern Forms Smart fans. It looks like it is driven by WIFI and BlueTooth connections. Does anyone know a way, or the best way to integrate these with Hubitat?

It says it works with Alexa, Google assistant, smartthings, ecobee, control, etc.
I have a Bond Pro to connect my RF devices. But that doesn't appear to work with these fans. I had some height and other technical limitations - which is why I had to buy these fans.

Thanks for your support.

If you can pair them to a SmartThings account (via mobile app) without having a hub, you could then use HubiThings replica to bring the devices over to Hubitat. I use it for info from my oven and fridge and it works without a hub for those devices anyway.

2 Likes

I'm using @bhamiltoncx 's driver. Works well. Link can be found here: Support for Modern Forms Ceiling Fan Control - #92 by bhamiltoncx

Note that the Modern Forms app is very flakey. Once you get it working don't make any adjustments - LOL.

Caliati, thanks very much for this link. It works like a charm! I have one other quick question. I created one that works well for one fan. Each fan is linked to a Wifi IP address. How do I create more versions so I can add more fans?
Thanks for your support.

1 Like

Claliati, plus friends. Never mind. I figured it out. To create more fan apps for other fans, you just go back in and create another virtual device using Modern form template.

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out. Fortunately I only have one MF fan.
@bhamiltoncx is the one to thank - his driver works well. There is an automation that executes daily involving his driver - I'm very thankful to him (and all the others who create these drivers and apps!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.