Modern Forms Smart Fans (Wifi, Bluetooth) - How to integrate with Hubitat

Friends,

I recently bought 3 Modern Forms Smart fans. It looks like it is driven by WIFI and BlueTooth connections. Does anyone know a way, or the best way to integrate these with Hubitat?

It says it works with Alexa, Google assistant, smartthings, ecobee, control, etc.
I have a Bond Pro to connect my RF devices. But that doesn't appear to work with these fans. I had some height and other technical limitations - which is why I had to buy these fans.

Thanks for your support.

If you can pair them to a SmartThings account (via mobile app) without having a hub, you could then use HubiThings replica to bring the devices over to Hubitat. I use it for info from my oven and fridge and it works without a hub for those devices anyway.

2 Likes

I'm using @bhamiltoncx 's driver. Works well. Link can be found here: Support for Modern Forms Ceiling Fan Control - #92 by bhamiltoncx

Note that the Modern Forms app is very flakey. Once you get it working don't make any adjustments - LOL.

Caliati, thanks very much for this link. It works like a charm! I have one other quick question. I created one that works well for one fan. Each fan is linked to a Wifi IP address. How do I create more versions so I can add more fans?
Thanks for your support.

1 Like

Claliati, plus friends. Never mind. I figured it out. To create more fan apps for other fans, you just go back in and create another virtual device using Modern form template.

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out. Fortunately I only have one MF fan.
@bhamiltoncx is the one to thank - his driver works well. There is an automation that executes daily involving his driver - I'm very thankful to him (and all the others who create these drivers and apps!!