Super Tiles Alternative

Hello All,

Is there an alternative to the Super Tiles app that allowed for great tile control? I am trying to figure-out how to get my Smoke/CO First Alert to display both aspects and can't find a solution.

Thank You
Matt

No.
There is only one Super Tiles!
It was my idea, my creation & my code.
It was also not released as open source, so the code is not for distribution.

It will return at some point.

3 Likes

Oh no :frowning:

Is there anyway to add 2 aspects like Smoke & CO to one tile without it?

Thank You

No, these isn’t a way to add two attributes to a single tile without Super Tile
That’s one of the reasons I created it, because I wanted the same thing.

1 Like

Someone else could obviously make their own app to do the same thing - the idea itself isn't patented, or anything like that...

That being said, an app like this is a tremendous amount of work to write, and I don't know of anyone working on such an app currently.

So your best bet is hoping Andy chooses to share his work in the future.

6 Likes

Why was it removed previously, just curious.

Thanks

1 Like

It's not quite as powerful as SuperTile and I've never used it myself (so I don't know if it supports arbitrary attributes for arbitrary device capabilities or if it's just a specific list of common things like on/off or open/closed from popular capabilities), but Snapshot is the closest thing I can think of that might do what you want.

The idea behind either is that you need to use an "attribute" template for a tile on the dashboard, then somehow get that custom attribute name to be populated with the text you want to display. Both of these apps help with that. I haven't trued Rule Machine lately, but with new-ish variable operators, if you can use it to set the value of a custom attribute (you'd probably need a custom driver with a command that could set it), you might be able to painstakingly rig together something that would also achieve a similar result, especially for just two attributes of one device.

Another alternative is to change the smallest size tile on your dashboard. For example, if you're working on a 3 wide 8 high grid, you can make that 6 x 8 and make all the tiles that need a "full" square 2x1 instead of 1x1. I'll do this if there are even a few that don't need the same amount of real estate on the screen as others. Not a "solution", just another idea to help you squeeze every mm out of your phone's screen.

You can also place two tiles on top of each other. If the normal background for the top tile is transparent, it will allow the other tile's colors to shine through. If you're just looking for a visual method for CO and Smoke, you could modify the templates for CO to make it have a blue background on alert and smoke a red. That way you'd still be able to tell the two apart.

1 Like

There is Tile Master - Hubitat/Apps/Tile Master at master · bptworld/Hubitat · GitHub
Which might help out with what you need to do.

1 Like

Thank You

Your work sounds amazing and don’t let the few with the low IQ get you down. It only makes you closer to them :thinking::wink:.

I for one would love to see your work back up so we can all admire it and congratulate you. And respect your license requirements :+1:. It’s your hard work after all! Also, I would definitely send you a donation for a Cost-A-Lot coffee, cake and beer :beer:

2 Likes

Super Tiles will be back soon....

Andy

2 Likes

NodeRed has a great dashboard tool, and can hook into Hubitat. Things like analogue gauges are a breeze. You obviously need another device to run it, but if you have a tablet always on, this could do the job. The dashboard on Hubitat is it's greatest weakness for me.

1 Like

I agree. After Patrick left and dashboard development (seemingly) all but stopped, I moved all of my dashboards over to node-red.

Now node-red dashboards aren't perfect either (a number of quirks I have to manage)... But they work better for my use cases than the Hubitat dashboards did.

1 Like

Except you can not find it. I get 404 errors.

Https://cobra-apps.co.uk

2 Likes

Access is currently disabled.

They will approve your account, just give it some time. It's 5:30pm there, he could be grabbing dinner or drinks :laughing:

1 Like

Account enabled/approved.

Andy