Stelpro KI STZW402WB

all,
looking for a z wave baseboard thermostat that works with hubitat.
I have a Stelpro STZW402WB I bought a few years ago for testing with a ISY994. I factory reset the thermostat, but it still does not want to pair with the hubitat.

should I just buy another stelpro?
or any other z-wave baseboard thermostat you guy command?

thanks

If Zigbee works for you, my favorite is the Sinopé. I have the 3000w on most of my baseboard heaters and the 4000w on two that require the extra wattage support.

They can be setup to show the outside temperature which is really useful. They are also Zigbee repeaters, so they will help you have a good Zigbee mesh.

1 Like

I have a TH1300zb for our infloor heating and love it....

1 Like

thanks all, but those are all zigbee. I would prefer z wave as all my light switches are z wave.
any z wave baseboard thermostat available?
is my old stelpro z-wave just defective?

You can use a Honeywell T6 Pro Z-wave. (good unit) I'll point out though, nothing wrong with mixing z-wave and zigbee as most of us do. I use a combination of z-wave, zigbee, and clear connect and it works pretty solidly (unless I write a bad rule and then I bang my head against the wall)

1 Like

I’ll second that. Since I have thermostats in each room, it adds a bunch of repeaters to my Zigbee mesh which is really nice!

1 Like

I use these stelpro for all my house. They are very reliable and great repeater. My zwave mesh is rock solid and I think they are the reason for it.

If you have trouble pairing the thermostat it has nothing to do with the driver. Without driver it would pair anyway and show up as "device". As I remember it is easy to mistakingly think the thermostat is in pairing mode when in fact it is not. Make sure ON is blinking when in pairing mode.

As for the driver, I use a modified version of the smartthing driver I customized for my specific needs. It is working flawlessly for almost 2 years.

2 Likes

I am new to Hubitat and am trying to make my STZW402+ work with it as you have.
Would you mind sharing your fix with me? I would really appreciate your help!

Try this... not guaranteed:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ymerj/Hubitat-miscellaneous/main/Stelpro%20KI%20Zwave.groovy

1 Like

@MRG don't forget to hit "configure" after changing the driver. And maybe "on"

Thank you very much!

I imported the new driver and assigned it with some success. I still do not see a way to change the set point on the tile of the dashboard. Also, where are the "configure" and "on" buttons you speak of?

These are found in the “Device” screen for the device in question. There will be a set of buttons on the first screen, and this typically includes “configure”.

2 Likes

Thanks to you both! I have what I need; I can now set the thermostat! I am impressed by my new found “community:)

1 Like

Did u remove it? The link gives a 404. Tks

Looks like it was renamed. Here’s the link:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ymerj/Hubitat-miscellaneous/16ee77e3182f93144959a8cc7489de4899d8e009/Stelpro%20KI%20Zwave.groovy

2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot about that. Yes I renamed it. Thank you for providing the right link. I updated the post.

2 Likes

Thanks. The driver seems to work fine, but it does not work with HomeKit integration. It exposes the device as a temperature sensor and a switch. Looping in @gopher.ny just in cases it hides something. Looking quickly to your driver I didn’t find anything significant other than removing the fan that is non existent on this device. Will dig some more.

J

I can't help you much with that. Apple stuff is completely foreign to me. The part about being a switch is something I added because I wanted to use it also as such but it does not preclude it to act as a thermostat.

The google home integration expose it as a thermostat so my guess it has to do with how the homekit deals with it.

Is there a thermostat option on the device in the integration? If so just click that then reload the integration and it should appear as a thermostat in HK