[Staff Support Request] Hub Networking Errors

Hmm. Interesting theory. Checking I see there is a suspicious issue with the Sonos integration (built-in). I have duplicate devices somehow, even after re-discovering devices and pressing DONE again...

And lots of warnings which were filtered out because i had checked for just errors:

All the warning devices appear to relate to a duplicate sonos device that must be disconnected from the parent app.

1 Like

Yes that would be a major suspect. Either disable or remove the devices that are no longer working.

1 Like

I resolved the Sonos integration warnings (by manually removing the duplicate Sonos devices from the buil-in Sonos integration). Still getting these network errors, though, so that wasn't the culprit. I would REALLY appreciate some Hubitat staff support.....

@support_team

I know its not great but the only other thing I can suggest would be to disable any apps/devices that use LAN connections one by one until you find which one is causing the issue. Disabling apps and devices have the same steps, it is shown here: Apps Page | Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

It seems that your sonos devices changed IP address, or maybe moved over from ethernet to wifi.

I fixed those Sonos warnings and have even disabled the Sonos integration. Yet the network errors persist. I have disabled most of my cloud integrations so far. Still working through them one by one until someone else has a better idea. This stinks.

what devices are now generating errors?, it shouldn't be that difficult to find out what's going on here...

I was hopeful that replacing my mesh wireless router system with a new one would resolve these problems. It did not. I'm at a loss with this. The issues are intermittent at best, so they are not crippling the hub or its functionality, but they are troubling nonetheless. And appear to be happening with increasing frequency. I'm tempted to see if upgrading my C5 hub to a C8 hub would do it, but the C8 seems to carry its own risks with the radios.

Pretty much every cloud device/app.

can you go to settings, then network setup, then run network test?
What's that report...

are you running ethernet?, or wifi...

Can I recommend testing if these tests work when name resolution is required instead of using IP addresses? I don't think you have an issue with LAN/WAN connectivity. I think the issue might be intermittent loss of DNS access.

1 Like

Ethernet

Sure, how do I do that?

Ping www.google.com instead of 1.1.1.1

speed test uses a dns name, other than that you can put in a host name in the ping field vs the default ip address.

Tests seem to pass ok....but the problem is intermittent it seems, so not sure a one-shot test will reveal much.

Hub Info driver has a cloud check that can be scheduled, and also pings the DNS servers (I think as part of expanded network data). [RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

Not that it would fix it but might help to figure out the problem.

Have you tried manually setting a robust list of DNS servers in the network settings?

Yes,