Sort of off topic, but has any one had experience with the Eufy video door bell?

Screenshot doesn't really help because the each setting option is on a different screen.

For the Profile, my Event says:
Event Behavior: True
Notification Apps: EufySecurity
Notification Title: Person (case ins)

Then the Task is just an HTTP Request to Maker API for a virtual motion sensor. I don't know if this is even possible but did you choose a State vs an Event for profile trigger?

Rebuilt the profile and it works now. When the doorbell is pressed, I know get an announcement on my Google mini. Also thanks to @stephen_nutt introducing me to Tasker, I have replaced the geofencing feature (which would take up to 15 mins to update) so that when my phone disconnects from my home WiFi, it switches the doorbell into "away" mode.

1 Like

This is my solution @stephen_nutt , thought I should share.

So I have a container just running stuff like my homebridge, but also I side installed iobroker.
Then loaded what is called an "adapter" for Eufy, which is jus a fancy name to say a nodejs app.
There is this guy has had great success of mapping the API and so far has been able to do nifty things, foremost, he managed to engage and subscribe to the local P2P port. This is important because that way all alerts and commands can be given locally.
bropat/ioBroker.eufy-security: This ioBroker adapter allows to control Eufy security devices by connecting to the Eufy cloud servers. (github.com)

Some of supported events you can subscribe:

• Motion detected
  • Person detected
  • Ringing (only Doorbell)
  • Crying detected (only Indoor cameras)
  • Sound detected (only Indoor cameras)
  • Pet detected (only Indoor cameras)

Once you have the adapter up and running, what it does it opens all the API functions and commands, then thru iobroker working as a bridge, you can do restful api, now I can make the damn thing my biding.

A simple RM GET did the trick for my intended automation, that is to vary the location mode of the homebase:

If you ask me is more cleaner approach, just my 2 cents, cheers.

I agree with @manuelangelrivera.

I also installed ioBroker with @bropat's ioBroker.eufy-security adapter on a Raspberry Pi, and I can control the Eufy HomeBase modes and cameras with simple Hubitat drivers and REST calls. The adapter also notifies the ioBroker adapter of doorbell ringing, and I used the ioBroker ScriptEngine adapter to send an HTTP notification request to Hubitat to control devices(s) (eg, mechanical chime pushbutton) via the Maker API.

1 Like

Why not just use the eufy security smart app?

I want to be able to control the Eufy security modes automatically via Hubitat (Home, Away, Night). Also, I want to control our existing chime with the Eufy battery doorbell without having to connect wiring to it, via ioBroker ring notifications and Hubitat Maker API.

Blockquote
So I have a container just running stuff like my homebridge, but also I side installed iobroker.

Would you elaborate a bit on your solution? When you say you are running it in a container, are you running a virtual solution on Synology, QNAP, or something? What is homebridge? What do you mena you "side installed iobroker"? My guess is you are not doing this on your Hubitat hardware. Would you elaborate on the hardware, OS, etc. where you are running all of this?

Thanks,

YapFlapper

@scottmil I am trying to set up a similar configuration as you. I have iobroker installed on a RPI and it can see my Eufy Homebase 2 and Battery doorbell. I have installed the Hubitat driver for the homebase that you linked to. I have created a Virtual Device based on that driver and entered the details needed for iobroker. It shows the buttons to change states etc, but nothing happens.

Have I missed a step?

Excuse the bad form of replying to my own post. I now have the driver working. Needed to change the port number to the REST API (8087). But have now found an error. It won't change the mode to schedule. I get the error message below. @scottmil any advice?

Problem fixed: The Eufy mode "schedule" conflicts with a Hubitat/Java reserved word, so I changed the mode to "scheduled". I updated the EufyHomeBase.groovy file in my GitHub repository.

1 Like

And confirming the new code works. Thanks @scottmil

I added MotionSensor capability to the Eufy camera code:

The developer of the ioBroker Eufy Security adapter changed the name of the adapter due to potential trademark infringement. Consequently, the name of new versions of the the ioBroker Eufy adapter instance changed as well. I modified the Hubitat drivers to allow the instance name to be configured, defaulting to eusec.0. See https://github.com/scottmil/hubitat/tree/main/drivers

2 Likes

@tanneronline, how did you connect your Tasker task to put your Eufy device into Away mode? I have indoor cameras I'd like to quickly go to Away/Home mode.

I used Tasker to watch for when I disconnected from my home WiFi (State-Net-WiFi Connected, choose the relevant SSID and remember to click invert) and then it did a HTTP Get to a cloud endpoint set in Hubitat. From there I could trigger the status change. This was particularly useful because my phone would connect as I pulled into the drive, so the process could be reversed before I got out of the car.

I would share the setup but I deleted it because the drivers I was using on Hubitat didn't work that well (Eufy's fault not the author). I have now setup iobroker on a Pi and have complete control on Hubitat by using scottmil's drivers. I haven't gone back to tasker as of yet.

@scottmil Have now invested in Eufy cameras due to someone "visiting" our garden at 4.24 am the other night. Does your driver capture if motion is detected so that I can use that to drive some rules in the Hubitat? Or do I have use the ScriptEngine in iobroker and HTTP notifications?

Regretfully, I could not get my Eufy camera driver to capture if motion is detected, and I updated the driver to remove motion sensor capability.

You are correct that you will need to use ioBroker ScriptEngine and HTTP notifications (via MakerAPI) to drive rules in Hubitat. I used ScriptEngine and HTTP notifications (MakerAPI) to tell Hubitat when my Eufy wireless doorbell was rung.

You can use the Amazon Alexa integration to drive automations in HE. That is what I do with my Eufy doorbell.

Not sure if you have to actually have a Amazon device, or could just install the app.

@tanneronline and @scottmil, you can also use Node-Red. The person that wrote the ioBroker module created Node-Red nodes for eufy too. They do give you access to motion detection. It also gives access to general vs person motion detection.

I've tried both ioBroker and Node-Red. I prefer Node-Red. YMMV, BNI, IKEA.

I will look into that because there is a bug in the eusec adapter in iobroker. Unfortunately it "stops" after a short period and does not refresh any data. You can still send commands to it from Hubitat via @scottmil driver, but you can't trigger anything based on status change from iobroker.

1 Like