Smartthings Zigbee Siren

@Ranchitat does that make sense to you?

Hmm, doesn't look good. :slightly_frowning_face:

Does this match what you have?

SZ-SRN12N Siren link

That’s the one, yes. I saw that post, but there was no reply.
Damn, seriously.. I’m getting frustrated. I have these 3 sirens in different points of my house and I hate to think I won’t be able to integrate them, even they being Zigbee. :rage:

I don’t get why the Generic Zigbee driver won’t work.

Sorry, not much more I can do.
But in case someone more knowledgeable comes along... @kkossev
Here's a link to the deconz thread that may be helpful. :man_shrugging:

Try this?

This siren, although based on Tuya SoC uses the standard IAS zone cluster 0x0500 and IAS WD cluster0x0502 for control, it will not work with the Tuya-specific drivers.

@Pleo79
Sercomm SZ-SRN12N could work with some of the Hubitat inbuilt drivers, have you tried the Frient Smart Siren for example?

1 Like

Hey @kkossev I will give it a try and let you know. Thanks for the tip.

Also remember that anytime you change a driver, after you click save, you MUST click configure..

1 Like

@kkossev and @rlithgow1 I tried the "frient Smart Siren" driver, but it didnt work either. I also clicked in CONFIGURE, as you said @rlithgow1 but nothing afterwards.

Any other driver that can potentially work with Sercomm SZ-SRN12N? Worst case I will get rid of them and replace with Aeotec Siren Gen5. I did not plan to replace so many devices when transitioning from ST to HE :frowning:

I appreciate everybodys inputs. I was not expecting a lot of help honestly, but you guys were kind to suggest some ideas to solve my issue.

1 Like

Probably @mike.maxwell can help, here is the Sercomm SZ-SRN12N detailed info.

@mike.maxwell I’d appreciate any insights. Thanks

unfortunately this isn't anything i can look into right now.

Okay, I understand @mike.maxwell could you maybe recommend somebody that could have a look?

@bcopeland hey Brian, is it something you can have a look? I’m trying to find a driver for my ST Sirens. You helped some other users with other sirens. Thanks in advance.

Can somebody provide some ideas? Thanks in advance.

For niche devices like your sirens lots of people go with multiple hub systems.
@SmartHomePrimer runs multiple hubs. :smiley:
It might be best to set up something like Home Assistant to get your sirens into Hubitat.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip. I was thinking about HubConnect. But for a newbie like me, the connection seemed really complicated and not straightforward. Home Assistant would solve it, but to be honest I had hopes I would not need anything else besides Hubitat; plus I’d retire the ST :worried:

I run HA and Hubitat for most stuff. HA primarily brings devices in and doesn’t do much else. That’s not to say I don’t take advantage of their automations too when I need to solve a connectivity issue that would otherwise be very complicated or impossible to solve.

I also run a Hue bridge, but that is by choice, not necessity. I run a Lutron Smart Bridge Pro because Picos are a big part of my home and they can control anything. I run an Insteon hub because I prefer their dimmers to anything else. I’m running Homebridge for HomeKit, which makes it simple to use the same computer to also run the Insteon server software needed to integrate their hub with Hubitat, and thus HomeKit and Lutron.

A single hub will work, but you will always run into roadblocks. With a multi-hub setup, I really don’t have any limitations to what I want to accomplish.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.