Are you referring to the really old original first gen ST Multi Sensors? The ones with the 2 x AAAA batteries? If so, how did you get it to pair at all? Mine are never discovered. I can add and remove them from my ST hub all day long, but Hubitat never discovers them.
Just changing the driver did nothing, HOWEVER, once I was using the non “v4” driver, hitting refresh a couple of times caused the “contact” state to become “live”. I then was able to return it to the “v4” driver and the “contact” state remained intact. I also opened and closed the contact a couple of times after the refresh before it started working.
I’m assuming this is some of kind of bug in driver, but maybe it has something to do the the latest update too?
Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve tried that numerous times, using that exact same procedure, with no luck. Maybe the new .698 hub firmware made a difference? I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Again, thank you!
@Navat604 - I couldn’t wait until tomorrow… I gave it another try tonight and was able to finally get it paired. I had to change the Driver from “Smartsense Presence” to a “Smartsence Multi” and now the “Contact Sensor” portion is working.
I think the big difference this time was that I found an errant “Device” in my list of devices called “Device”. It must have been from a previous failed attempt to pair the sensor. I deleted that, and then it paired almost immediately.
Knowing you had done it meant I knew it could be done. Now we just have to get it reporting temperature and movement…
@Navat604 and @ogiewon did you successfully get the v1 AAAA multisensor working on Hubitat with acceleration reporting? I plan to more devices over this weekend and I have one of these on my garage door that would also need to come over. If so what driver are you using?
@ritchierich - So, I took @rayzurbock's advice and tried the 701 firmware's 'SmartSense Multi v1' driver and it works! All features are now reporting successfully!
@mike.maxwell - the only issue I see with the 'SmartSense Multi v1' driver is that the 'temperature' attribute seems to disappear as shown below. It is present in the first picture, but goes missing in the second picture.
Temperature Attribute appears on Device Page immediately after a device update....
they need to be completely reset.
Delete the device in the deice list if it already exists…
then hold the internal button down on the device until the led goes off
enter device discovery on the hub
tap the device button once, it should then pair
Tried 5 feet from the hub and 20 feet with at least 3 repeaters around. Very strange. I just added another centralite plug with no problem at all. Just these multi sensors. It was OK before the firmware upgrade.