Smartthings Multipurpose Sensor F-MLT-US-2

@Navat604 - I couldn’t wait until tomorrow… I gave it another try tonight and was able to finally get it paired. I had to change the Driver from “Smartsense Presence” to a “Smartsence Multi” and now the “Contact Sensor” portion is working.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I got it paired before the new update but I guess the new update made it easier.

I think the big difference this time was that I found an errant “Device” in my list of devices called “Device”. It must have been from a previous failed attempt to pair the sensor. I deleted that, and then it paired almost immediately.

Knowing you had done it meant I knew it could be done. Now we just have to get it reporting temperature and movement…

2 Likes

@Navat604 and @ogiewon did you successfully get the v1 AAAA multisensor working on Hubitat with acceleration reporting? I plan to more devices over this weekend and I have one of these on my garage door that would also need to come over. If so what driver are you using?

@ritchierich - unfortunately, no. I really am not a very good Zigbee/Z-Wave Driver expert. I am hoping someone with more driver writing skills will eventually come through with a solution.

Have you tried the new built-in driver for the
STSS-MULT-001 in the new hub 701 firmware?

You'll need to update to 701 and then if your device is already discovered as something else, go into the device settings and switch the driver to the new built-in driver.

2 Likes

@ritchierich - So, I took @rayzurbock's advice and tried the 701 firmware's 'SmartSense Multi v1' driver and it works! All features are now reporting successfully!

@mike.maxwell - the only issue I see with the 'SmartSense Multi v1' driver is that the 'temperature' attribute seems to disappear as shown below. It is present in the first picture, but goes missing in the second picture.

Temperature Attribute appears on Device Page immediately after a device update....

HOWEVER, the Temperature Attribute disappears from the Device Page after a few seconds.

2 Likes

I hadn’t seen that. Thank you for mentioning. I did upgrade to 701 after it was released. I will pair it and make sure it is set to that driver.

@ogiewon thank you for confirming this works!

1 Like

Tried for almost an hour this morning and I can no longer be able to discover the device in Hubitat. I have 4 of of this old aaaa sensors. I deleted the one that was paired before I upgraded to 701.

they need to be completely reset.
Delete the device in the deice list if it already exists…
then hold the internal button down on the device until the led goes off
enter device discovery on the hub
tap the device button once, it should then pair

1 Like

I did exactly that. Is there a Zigbee limit per repeater like ST?

the number of children a repeater will route for is determined by the repeater, not the platform.
Are you trying to pair this through a repeater, or near the hub?

Tried 5 feet from the hub and 20 feet with at least 3 repeaters around. Very strange. I just added another centralite plug with no problem at all. Just these multi sensors. It was OK before the firmware upgrade.

interesting, thanks for the detailed report, I’ll get mine out and see what’s up.

1 Like

Mike,

While you have your ST Multi V1 out, can you check into the disappearing “Temperature” value from the Device web page?

Thanks,

Dan

2 Likes

@ogiewon and @Navat604 is your v1 ST Multisensor reporting contact status of open and closed? I just moved mine over last night and it doesn’t. Has temp and axis in event log but no contact. Temp doesn’t show up on states. I am using the v1 driver. Please confirm which driver you are using too. Thanks!

Note: I have not tested this device under the new 1.02.702 firmware, so YMMV...

Under 701, yes, my multisensor does report open and closed events. My only issue is the disappearing Temperature attribute from the page as I detailed in my earlier post.

Thanks for confirming. I haven’t upgraded firmware either.

@mike.maxwell do you have any ideas why the driver would not log open and closed events for my v1 ST multisensor? See screenshot above. I just paired it last night and get temp and axis events in event log. I’d like to be able to check open and closed status.

Is there a combined driver and app to bring the relay and multisensor together into one device like in ST?

Can you post a picture of this sensor?, maybe it’s a different model than the one I have.

FYI - I originally was able to get the ST Multisensor (the one with AAAA batteries) to show open and closed by using the "Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor" driver, IIRC. Not sure if using that driver first somehow sent a certain configuration command to the device to get it reporting Open/Closed? With that driver, it only reported Open/Closed. It wasn't until 701 was released that I found the ‘SmartSense Multi v1’ Driver and tried it. It works almost perfectly, except for the disappearing Temperature attribute. I am sure @mike.maxwell can fix that too!

This is the one I am talking about