Slow issue fixed?

Do you have cloud/ethernet controlled devices/apps? I know that the radios only shut down with a complete hub shutdown, not on reboot.

i have 2 tplink outlest

I would try disabling them to see if the issue gets better, if you haven't already. I got rid of all of mine because things seemed more responsive as I started eliminating them and replacing with Sylvania and Samsung plugs.

this is what confuses me, they are working fine around 0.3 sec according to device wathcdog and continue to work fine when the z-wave network has locked

Nevermind then.

Have you tried shutting down both radios when this happens. I know you said you shut down zwave and it didn't help.
Edit: I know that when I had a bad zwave dimmer, it would take a long time to do a zwave repair and when I watched the repair in the log, it would stop on that particular device for an extended time. It now takes a couple minutes to run a repair. Disabling the device in the device list doesn't seem to help this either. I had to completely remove the device before the problem went away.

Precisely.
For the z-wave radio I believe that only after being off for approximately 10-30 seconds, does the radio completely refresh.
(I have no proof, and no precise idea of exactly how long).

1 Like

When it's good takes 6-8 min, otherwise a repair takes about 2 hours and it basically hangs/legs on every device

i stopped rebooting my hub, and it lasted about 3 days before it was slowing down, it used to be just a day..

So I will still have it reboot every day, but thats fine, looks like they have some start .. keep it going!

1 Like

Same experience here, used to be 1-2 times a day, now the hub last about 3 days. It seems to be more a RM slowdown than the actual devices that are no responding as much.

Hmm, I'm seeing the RM slowdown you mentioned, but I see most of my automation slowdowns in motion lighting.

1 Like

Remember.. the 'big fix' is coupled to a log message:

So, if you are not seeing that message, then there's another benefit you're seeing from elsewhere in the update... not specifically recognized as a 'slow down,' apparently.

My interpretation is that each message will mean something got dropped. I'd expect that to be a disruptive result. A light didn't go on or off, a notice wasn't sent, etc. Sure, it prevents the hub from losing it's mind, but I get to lose mine. :smiley:

3 Likes

I have logs opened at all times and I have not encountered those messages. Like you said, some other bug was fixed somehow.

Someone mentioned that opening or keeping Dashboards opened could be the cause but I almost never use my dashboards and I'm still getting the slow downs... only now, less frequently since the update

I used to keep logs open all the time but I got impatient when it would take too long to switch from "all" to some specific device, and back again. So I started using Previous Logs in it's own tab far more often.

Same here. When I keep logs open it seems to chew up memory in my browser and brings that tab to a crawl. Closing the tab and opening a new logs tab fixes. However, this does not have any impact on my hub. Its just the browser on my pc.

I also have a tablet running dashboards 24/7 with no issues.

Ahh yes, an important distinction... same here.

Since Dashboard's driven by the same Event Socket mechanism I'm using 24x7 for HubConnect, I have no fear of leaving it on always, even though I look at it only about once a week.

@yannick00000 @guywmartin
I've been dealing with these 2-3 day slowdowns for almost a year now. It doesn't seem to matter how many devices, dashboards, rm rules, sl rules, etc. Like clock work every 2-3 days i need to reboot. It was happening with only a few rules and devices to now with lots of rules and 150 devices. Funny thing is this has only ever effected rm, while my rm rules slow to crawl, all of my sl rules are still lighting quick. None of my RM rules are crazy either. After 2-3 days it takes forever to do anything in rm as well. Device control from the device page remains fine, all events are fine as well. I contacted Bobby over 6 months ago to go over this and present my findings about rm. It was basically brushed off as no one else had this problem with rm so it's not that. I just applied the latest update so well see how the next few days go.

@AutoM8
I use a mix of Simple Lighting, Motion Lighting and Rule Machine depending on the room. When the hub slows down, all 3 types react the same for me, trigger from the motion sensor (visual led on the device)... delay ... light will turn on. Usually this is quite noticeable (and frustrating) with motion automation but since the update (and maybe more affected since I'm not rebooting so often) I've noticed the delay with contact sensors as well. Usually, contact sensors (Dome) are lightning fast.

1 Like

Could a persistent Event Socket connection be the root cause, though? Like due to a memory leak or something? I do all my automation in a custom thing I built (think like Node-Red) and I'm getting all my events from the Event Socket.

Maybe it's time for me to look at using the Maker API web hook to get the events instead.

just upgraded to 2.1.9.115. Slower than ever. Unusable even. Do you guys do any testing or you're just testing on us?

1 Like