Sinope TH1124ZB

I'm not sure if you tried my recent code or the one of kris2k2. Let me know.

This is odd. The only guess I have for now is the setting of temperature can be precise to 0.01 in my code compare to 0.1 from the kris2k2. I have changed this rounding for my own need (I control the temperature of one thermostat with another so these two thermostats always heat at a similar PI heating value). To change the rounding to the same of kris2k2, change the value of 2 for 1 in line 366. Let me know if it works.

Thank you very much, I will let you know how I make out. going to hop on the sharptools site and see if anyone has seen this with other devices and the dashboard. The sharptools issue has, IMHO, probably nothing to do with your driver but thought I would socialize in case anyone had seen the same results. It works great on a HE dashboard so....
I neglected to say in my first post to you, I really appreciating you sharing this with the community, I am trying to learn as I go and lean on good people like yourself to keep my fun home project going. Your generosity is what makes this a fun community.
Cheers
Bob

Have you checked the logs to see what values are getting sent over and how the driver is interpreting those?

I'm testing with your v2 and no go on the dashboard not able to off when in heat mode and when off doesn't turn to heat do come on red but nothing else

Josh, are you referring to myself, if so, the values between sharptools commands and the device itself?
If so I will check it out when I try again this weekend.

Yes. I would make sure that you're seeing the commands you expect to get sent across with the values you expect to get sent across... and then look at how the driver is handling those.

It would be helpful to take a look the relevant logs and screenshots of what you are seeing in the device details / SharpTools thermostat tile.

I would note that this driver appears to be using the older 'Thermostat' monocapability which means for the SharpTools Thermostat tile to send across the setHeatingSetpoint() command, it depends on the 'thermostatMode' properly being reported as 'heat'.

Edit: You might have to the flip the logging switch on in the SharpTools 'app' in Hubitat to see which commands / values are coming across from your SharpTools dashboards.

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry for the very long delay. I didn't have much time to work on this bug since works and I didn't know what was Sharptools. So, I've looked in that tools(very great tool). I think I've found what was the "mistake" on my side for a good interoperability between Hubitat and sharptools.
I will try to solve it soon and uptade the share code.

Overall, in the driver I wrote, when the heatingsetpoint is changed, only the "heatingSetpoint" variable is changed and not the "thermostatSetpoint" variable. In hubitat only, that works great, but the value shown on the tile in sharptool is the "thermostatSetpoint".

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into the issue, I apologize for not give the feedback that Josh asked for (sorry Josh), Spring is here and warmed up enough I wasnt using the heating and of course life got in the way. It is on my list of things to do but the Honey Do list has priority.
Looking forward to testing for you when you get it handled.

Have a great day eh!
Bob

1 Like

thermostatSetpoint variable must always be set by the driver to the active setpoint "heatingSetpoint" or "coolingSetpoint" depending on the thermostat, in this case it should always be set to reflect "heatingSetpoint" every time there is a change to it.

Now the issues is solved regarding the interoperability with SharpTool (at least works for me and @the-leafs ). @nclark, it makes total sense what you are mentionning, what I'm having it diffilculty to understand, is the driver of kris2k2 does not update the "thermostatSetpoint" value (at least the one I have) when adjusting the heating setpoint and the-leafs does not seems to have any problems with this driver.

To tell you the truth I have not looked at the code for this and also do not use Sharptools either so I could not comment on it. Sometimes the "thermostatSetpoint" is set when receiving confirmation from the thermostat (physical device) and used to confirm that the command was received. But again I did not look at the original code for this info...

Hi guys!

I have 10 units installed and I don't understand how to set the brightness on the display... I can set the display on or off but would like to be able to choose the brightness level.

thanks for the help

Hi,
Up to my knowledge, no driver in this discussion thread can adjust the brightness, I don't think it is also possible.
The current possibility is either to set the display at off (On demand), so the screen will be "on" only when you will click on a button on your thermostat or "on sensing" so the brightness level on the thermostat will adjust itself in function of the level of brightness in the room.
What some people do is the either set the thermostat "on sensing" or "on demand" with rule machine. Like, if you have a motion sensor in your room, the thermostat will be "on sensing" when the motion sensor is activated and otherwise "on demand".

1 Like

Hi! Could you please explain to me how I could make the thermostat show the outside temperature. I guess it's using the rule machine but I don't know what kind of rule could do that. Thanks!

Hi,

It is almost a shame that the default Sinope driver does not include a similar functionnality. So the way around to have the thermostats showing the outside temperarure is first to create a virtual device that have the exterior temperature and use that device to notify the thermostats.

For the virtual device with outside temperature, I've shared a driver for this device that you can find in this discussion thread (however only work for Canada). What I like with the one I've shared, you don't need to have any API key as the majority of the driver available that I found need this. If you are not from Canada or you want a virtual device that have much more information regarding the exterior conditions you should be able to find such driver with a bit of research on internet.

Once that virtual device is created, you after need to follow the instructions share this post: Sinope TH1124ZB - #58 by kris2k2

The one just below also give useful print screen to achieve what you want.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I was able to make it work :slight_smile:

Hi all. I seem to have missed it, but how do you get the dashboard to show the energy consumption ? Mine shows as unknown but I do see the duty cycle related entries in the log (anywhere from 0 to 100%) which I assume is used for the calculations. Is it a special widget I need ? Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm relatively new to Hubitat.

To answer my own question, I changed the "Reset interval for the energy tracking" from daily to weekly, save it then back to daily and saved it again. Then the power started showing up on my dashboard. I had switched from the other driver and had never changed or saved any settings with the new one, so I guess it didn't have any values. Great work on the driver folks. A belated thanks.

1 Like

Did you manage to log your consumption ? I looked and found nothing.
Is there an app I need to do that ?