Sinope TH1124ZB

and now the clock's gone again :

dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.825 info heatingSetpoint: 21.5
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.660 info heatingSetpoint: 21.5
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.366 info refresh()
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.344 info Clock total seconds = 47266
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.342 info Set Clock : Mon Nov 09 13:07:46 EST 2020
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.339 info Sensor type is 10k
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.336 info Set to Floor mode
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.334 info Set to 24h
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:46.306 info configure()
dev:302 2020-11-09 13:07:45.268 info updated() : re-scheduling configure() every 3 hours, and once within a minute.

Anyway to get the light sensor value by any chance ? Maybe we could sync the room light to it ?

1 Like

Hello, @erilaj, @scoulombe, @kris2k2, a really HUGE thank you for all your development and explanations. I have 20 Sinope TH1123ZB. I used SmartThings, but since being forced to use the new App, I wanted to change (too much lags, "offline", no way to set by .5 C) - horrible.
With your great work, I can pilot it better and actually send the outside temperature from my Netatmo outdoor module. Really, really great! Thanks again.

1 Like

I have the sinope hub, but currently looking to change my hub for Hubitat. My older zigbee thermostat from Sinope does not show the word "Out" and my recent one shows it. So, you probably have a version that does not have the capability to show that word.

1 Like

Are they both on the same firmware? This is something that was debated but no one could confirm since no one had the Sinope Hub. Would you mind checking if they are both up to date just in case it's just a firmware version thing?

Not sure if that will answer your question, but both are TH1124ZB with the software version 0.6.4. But the recent one, are material version 2 and the older one material version 1. At least this is the information that I can easily access from my sinope hub in the "info" section on the thermostat.

1 Like

Looks like that answers the question, most likely version 1 hardware will not have the out indicator (probably), thanks for the info!

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right place to ask my question and I'm still a newby with hubitat. But so far, I've succesfully installed the driver of @kris2k2 and succesfully notify all my thermostats to show the outside temperature with openweathermap. However, I know that it is possible to monitor the energy consumption with these thermostats , but I don't find how to do it as @scoulombe seems to have done. Anyone can help me?

I am able to see the device’s power using @erilaj’s driver (Based on @kris2k2’s):

https://github.com/kris2k2/hubitat/drivers/kris2k2-Sinope-TH112XZB.groovy

I'm also able to see the power variable. But I'm more talking about the energy meter that @scoulombe share from his dashboard.

When I'm trying to install that energy meter, it is written "unknown" for me. More on a long shot, I would like to create a dashboard that will show graph of the energy consumption for all my thermostats. But on my learning curve, I'm not there yet!

1 Like

Hi @samuel.c.auclair !

I did implement something to measure energy consumption ... I didn't share this code because it's kind of experimental... It was crashing my Zigbee network! :grimacing: I've made some changes and it seems stable now. Contact me in private to get the code. (I guess you also speak french ? :wink:)

1 Like

I went back and forth with Sinope's support on this for a few months. They stated that it was firmware related and by purchasing the GT130, moving the devices to the GT130 and allowing the firmware to update (software updates within 24hrs, firmware takes about a week before it pulls down the update). So I did exactly this, and they still do not show the word OUT. So with software and firmware being the same, the only other thing it can be is hardware, but support could not confirm this.

1 Like

From the driver source code of @scoulombe and @kris2k2, I have added a new capability which is the energy meter, which I believe allows easier energy monitoring of your electricity consumption for your heating.

That driver is strongly inspired by a driver code that @scoulombe has shared with me privately, but with some improvement. It must be understood that to calculate the energy consumption, the power of the thermostat needs to be read frequently. So depending on how robust is your Zigbee network and how many thermostats you have, it may be overloaded. So, if you are realizing that your Zigbee network is sometimes crashing (or unresponsive), you can adjust the reporting interval (min and max) in the preferences. Larger values with also a larger difference between the min and max value for the reporting will reduce the probability of making your Zigbee network crash, but will also reduce the precision of the energy meter, On my side, with 10 thermostats, values of 60 and 90 seconds, for the minimal interval and maximal interval of reporting works perfectly.

Similar to @kris2k2, the outside temperature is sent to the thermostat by notification. How to do it is explained somewhere in this thread.

So, you can find the driver that I used here:

Also, for the outside temperature, I used that virtual thermometer (will works only in Canada).

It is the first time for me to share publicly a code and my programming skill were acquired almost all by self-learning. So if you see something that can be improved in my code, don't hesitate to bring change.

I know that the heating season is almost finish, but it may be a interesting driver for you for the next winter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just updated the driver on 3 of my thermostats. I noticed the following error - any ideas what might be causing it?

Also, it sends the “info” log when the temperature gets updated - it would be great if this could be disabled. (I have disabled “trace” logging.)

Thanks for the driver!

I will look if I can find what cause the error, I will also update the driver so the log info for the temperature can be disable.

1 Like

I've updated the driver, so the loggin info when the thermostat is being notified can be disable.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has tried the driver that I've posted and if the mistake happens to several people. If so, I maybe plan to remove it until I find a way yo solve the problem.

@samuel.c.auclair I was at the cottage this weekend (where I have my Sinope Thermostats) and when I came back I saw this new driver variation, I'll give it a try next time I go there for sure and will report back. But at least you have @Sebastien trying it out, he's real good at reporting problems and all, so if you have bugs, I'm sure he will find them before I have a chance to try it out.

2 Likes

Ok, Second try. The first code that I share was having some issues when it was not on my hub. So thank to @Sebastien, we went through them. Throughout the process, I've also added a small new feature that will indicate the power capacity of all the heating devices connected to your thermostat. That feature will be in the state variable (your thermostat needs to heat at 100% for at least one time for the variable to appear). Moreover, I believe that my code is now more organized compared to before, which will make it easier if some of you would like to make some changes for your own needs.
The link is the same as before:

3 Likes

Allo I just tryed you code and something didn't work. When I put in the dashboard to thermostat to heat the tile goes red but no arrow to set it up or down. the status in the device thermostatMode : off but thermostatOperatingState : heating
I'm using kris2k2 drivers
Merci

The driver looks great, thanks but... (there is always a but) for some odd reason I cannot get it to control heat via sharptools dashboard after the original setup. I can control it directly from HE but for the life of me cannot figure out the issue between HE and Sharptools.
I loaded your device driver and saved it, selected configure and then reselected the thermostats for sharing between sharptools and HE. One odd thing I saw that differs from the other available drivers is that I had to "calibrate " the temps between what sharptools set the temp at and what the driver thought the temp was. so sharptools thought it was 18 C and the thermostat thought it was 16 C, set the Heatingsetpoint to match and was good to go. If I changed temp at that point on Sharptools It would follow on the thermostat but if I left it for a bit it would stop responding to the sharptools changes. I have reverted to the other driver I was using which is the kris2k2 and all is well. If someone else is experiencing the same issue I have open ears if not, no biggie just an FYI as the present driver serves my needs. Your work is much appreciated and thank you!!