Sinope TH1300ZB Backlight Dimming

Hi everyone, I posted this in an older thread on the same thermostat as well. Looking for advice on anyone with this stat installed (bathroom radiant floor control). I've been able to get everything working and controlled via Thermostat Scheduler, but can't get the backlight to turn off. I've set the Preference for 'Display Backlight' to 'On Demand' which according to Sinope should dim the display unless a button is pushed but it stays always on. Having previously noticed that the 'Disable Clock Display' is actually a reverse acting toggle (i.e. when Disable is toggled on, the clock displays), I've played around with changing the setting to 'Always On' and 'No Selection' but so far no luck.

Could anyone advise if you've gotten this to work and how? Thank you,

There are a couple of versions of a community driver available for the TH1124ZB model that allows for this. Not sure it would work for the TH1300ZB though…

I can try it out with that driver. There's a native TH1124ZB driver that hubitat actually loaded on inclusion before I changed it to the TH1300ZB driver. The 1300 driver does give the preference option, it just doesn't seem to do anything.

1 Like

I setup a rule to turn it on with motion of close-by sensors and off when there is no motion.

Just so you you. Turning the background off will make the display really really dim. You could barely see the numbers. I have both the wifi and ZigBee model for the floor heat and I could barely read the number with background off.

Hi Sebastien. I’ve still been unable to get the backlight to turn off. Could you share the rule you created to toggle? Maybe I can use that to do so via hub control rather than the on device ‘on-demand’ setting which doesn’t seem to work for me.

2 Likes

It’s a very simple rule - here is a screenshot.

If I had to re-create it, I would make the trigger “Motion Active”, remove the if condition and replace the “ELSE” with a Wait for Motion Inactive on the sensor that I used to trigger the rule.

Great, thanks for this. It's interesting, I changed the driver to the community driver you had sent the link for, and with that I was able to manually set the DisplayOff, after that I changed back to the native TH1300ZB drive and it seems to remember that setting, as it now behaves 'on-demand' meaning if a button is pushed it will come on for 12 seconds and then turn off again, which is what I was after. Thank you for the help.

1 Like