Sinope TH1124ZB

I've been using the TH1123ZB driver from @scoulombe this winter and it works A1 with the TH1123ZBs. Now I need to integrate 6 TH1400ZBs (24v version) is the code needed similar ?

Do you think it's possible to make a version for these thermostats that could use the outside temperature using the same procedure (notification)

Thank-you

@kris2k2, thanks to your great driver, I have changed all the thermostats in the house to Sinopé. I really love that I can now so easily see the outside temperature from almost any room in the house with a quick glance! And of all the devices where I can see the temperature, those are the ones that are always the most accurate (and up to date). It is really awesome!

I have a question.

I am trying to speed-up my hub by disabling all non-error logging. I think the driver doesn't have an option to disable its debug/error logging. Is that something that could be added by any chance? (If I knew what I was doing, I would offer to do it myself, but alass... Not yet...)

Hello @Sebastien , I have created a fork from @kris2k2 's project. I will send him a pull request eventually but for now, if you like you can use this version of the project to test it. I added the option to turn ON / OFF the display backlight by the notification capability.

In the preferences section, you will find a menu called "Backlight Mode". The options are "Always ON", "On Demand" and "By Notification".

When using by Notification, the driver will react to text "displayOn" and "displayOff".

I have been using it for my bedroom thermostat for a week now to turn the display OFF at night and back ON during the day and it seem to be working fine.

3 Likes

Very nice! Thanks! I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know if I run into any problems.

On a side note... I had commented out most of the logging in my current version. Do you know of a way to add a switch to control logging? I will probably be commenting out the logging again, but if there are multiple updates, a switch would make it much easier! :slight_smile:

Sure, I will check to add a switch for the logging probably sometime next week.

1 Like

@Sebastien, I added a switch to enable / disable logging. I also slighty changed the way to turn ON / OFF the display after finding out how to add driver's command. I create 2 custom commands that you can call with the Custom action in Rule Machine. The command aslo give you 2 buttons in the device page.

Please note that you can use the commands even if the preference is set to either "Always ON" or "On Demand" but the display will return to it's default setting when the configuration is called which it's every 3 hours. If you set the backlight Mode to "Custom Action", the last command send will remain after the configure method is called.

Let me know if that works for you.

1 Like

Wow! This is really great! Does exactly what I was looking for. You’re good! Thank you!

I had my meeting cancelled this evening, so had some time to do some testing.

I created a Rule for one of my thermostats based on motion. I expect that we will never notice it turns off, which is the intent... Only have it turn on when there is someone in the room that might be wanting to see the temperature.

I will probably reduce the delay in bedrooms.

I’ll let you know if I run into any issues.

I also checked to see if it could be enabled by a simple rule (to make it even faster to automate), but Thermostat couldn’t be selected... And I suspect if it had, it probably would have tried to turn on the thermostat rather than the display! :smiley:

Update: I ended-up removing the displayOff() delay. It turns off when there is no motion, but I haven't seen any issues with this. Typically, I will move to look at the display and this motion gets captured by the associated motion sensor. I have setup the RM for all my thermostats, and it works really, really well!

1 Like

Hello guys,
In the KRIS2K driver, is it possible that there is a refresh problem from when changing the thermostat mode. Let’s say it's off and I’m switching it to heat, well it will change it but not display it on the dashboard. I have to go into device and do a refresh there to confirm it changed.

Thanks,

I don't seem to have this issue with kris2k2's driver. Where are you changing de mode from? I tried increasing the setpoint directly on the thermostat and the mode changed from off to heating on the dashboard right away.

I'm changing it directly from a dashboard.
On this dashboard, I have severall thermostats configured with the Hubitat driver while I have others configured with KRIS2K2's driver. When swithing the mode from off to heat & back & forth, I'm seeing them (still on the dashboard) switch over.
But if trying to do the same on the ones with the others driver, if off, they'll remain off (on the display that is) no matter if I try to set them to heat, off, heat, off... the display on the driver will remain off.
You say yours are not behaving like this??? This is where I took the driver: hubitat/kris2k2-Sinope-TH112XZB.groovy at master · kris2k2/hubitat · GitHub

And 2 pictures of what I mean:

Not sure if I had to strickeout those ID or not, but I don't think they are needed, so it must not be a problem.
Could I be doing something wrong?

Just tried what you described and I don't have this issue. On your screenshot, where the driver is selected, I noticed the word "Type*" is red like something is not set correctly or not saved? Mine is not red like that.

Could it be that I have to enter something on those red lines?

Those lines are red for me too!
What is your thermostat model? Only TH1123ZB and TH1124ZB will work with this driver. Maybe you have the heating floor model in your "Salle de bain"?

No, they are all TH1123ZB.
However, I do have some TH1300 but not in those room and not on this driver, they are on the Hubitat one. In total I have 8 * TH1123ZB, 1 * TH1124ZB & 3 * TH1300ZB. So far, I converted only 3 devices to this driver. Did some test with the SCoulombe driver before, but shouldn't be of concern I think.
And about the "type *" displayed in red, I checked and all my other device appear the same (even the Z-Wave one) on my PC. But, from my iPhone, it is blue like the rest... so don't think the problem is there... unless???
Else, I just tried to reset them to factory default (both button for 10 sec) without deleting them from Hubitat and it didn't do any good.
I'll try deleting them this evening and redo a factory reset to see if it could help.

If you have other suggestion, fell free to let me know, and BTW, thanks for your help.

I had this exact issue with this driver as well as the built-in drivers. I had to add a refresh into the automations that control the thermostats to update them on the dashboard.

I also had to add an automation to "Configure" these once per hour because I'd keep losing the time on the display on random units here and there.

Well, that makes two of us. I'm also losing the display of time on them.
Thanks for the feedback

It was constant and completely random. Sometimes it was even the one in the same room as the hub itself. Adding this automation I haven't seen one losing time in weeks.

Interesting... I’ve had that happen to random thermostats once in a while. But the time comes back after a little while.

I've solved the mystery of some devices showing OUT while others do not.

Capture2
Now the next mystery is how to do a firmware update on these :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So the older firmware doesn’t show “Out” where the newer firmware? (I assume it isn’t related to the Hardware version...?).

Curious how you got this information...

I know there is an awesome zwave firmware updater available for Hubitat, but haven’t heard of a Zigbee version... Maybe @bcopeland would know if one exists?