Simple Piston help

I have used webcore for a few years in Smartthings and now have migrated to Hubitat.... the simple piston below will not turn off all of the mentioned lights. It worked flawlessly in ST. Not sure what I'm missing.
Basement lights 1&2 are both dimmers while #3 is just a standard zwave switch. I can control them thru the dashboard so I know they all are allowed or connected. I've approved them all in the Webcore App... It seems that it will turn off #1 & #2 but not 3.

any ideas?

webcore

I think the posting limitation is because you are new to the forum.
I believe the solution is for you to join the Hubitat Owners group . . . Hub owners - Hubitat

@bobbyD

Couple of things (once sorted out to post images):

I've now attached the image to the original post... 10 seconds is just for testing purposes. The 2 dimmers(#1 and #2) execute fine but #3(switch) does not turn off. It does work if manually toggled on a dashboard.

Can you show Minimal or Medium logs for the piston execution?

One of my links above shows what to do for that

I read through the link and I have been out of the game/loop for some time because alot of that stuff I didn't grasp the progression of running through the piston multiple times. Must be some newer features that I haven't used since first using WebCore when it was first developed.

This run #1 didn't turn off as well as #3 and both indicated they were skipped because it would cause no change.... its like the status isn't being reported correctly. They were both on and remained on when the piston ran. I removed and re-added the devices but that didn't make any difference either.

I just hit refresh a few times and now the piston ran properly. I've narrowed it down to the device status isn't be updated properly in Hubitat when the switches are manually pressed. Any idea what would cause this? If I manually turn the switch on and check the status in the hub it still says off. If it toggle it on through the hub interface it changes the status appropriately.

Might be related to this if you have older zwave devices.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. The devices are quite old... like 7 or 8 years old already.

Edit: Fixed with the built-in poller app... I had to replace one of the dimmers in the last 3 yrs so that one wasn't having the issue but the other 2 are the original GE switches that I purchased. Thanks again. Odd that I never had an issue on SmartThings.

1 Like

Smartthings polled everything whether it needed it or not, Hubitat takes the opposite approach and defaults to not polling as the ZW+ devices do not require it.

2 Likes

You need something to trigger the event.

If any of the Light 1-3 change to on.. The keyword is that it needs a trigger, and that will be change

Gotcha. I was not aware of that. Good to know.

For pistons with... stubborn devices like that, you can also disable command optimization for your piston. With that disabled, webcore will send an Off command even if webcore believes it's already off.

You can access it by editing your piston, clicking the piston name at the top, and disabling command optimization in the settings.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.