Show us your rack! (No not that one!)

1 Like

I run both mine in the rack. They're cool (temp wise) They're also meant to be in a rack though (APC 750's)

This.... I temporarily had my entire rack (see OP) tapped into a single 20 amp circuit with a GCFI outlet (only reason this particular circuit exists is it had to be in place for inspection. It was a GCFI and a regular outlet). Anyway anytime I shut down the rack and powered it back up the GCFI buzzed like a hornet because of the draw.... :rofl: Few weeks ago I put in two 20 amp independent circuits next to eachother and plugged a ups into each one... Much cleaner and safer.

1 Like

Do you think using those double breakers would be ok? I'm out of room in my breaker box.

See the note from @FriedCheese2006. Good article on ground loops.

1 Like

Personally I have a couple in my sub panel for another purpose. Please consult a local electrical company in your area to ensure it meets code for your locale. I can only comment on what works for where I live. Thanks.

1 Like

oh of course! I was only speaking to if it was ok for network power with the pre assumption it passes local codes.

Mine are general comments from years of experience. i have a couple rack mounted units as well and they work fine. However, your mileage may vary.... :laughing:

Not weatherproof. These are for inside applications..

Thanks. Too bad as they would be perfect for my front gate project.

Making progress! Need shorter cables and some other miscellaneous stuff.

6 Likes

Project is.coming to fruition. Need help mounting servers on.sliding rails. They weigh 200 each.

6 Likes

Still waiting on a few more parts to wrap up my homelab build. The last two ports will be a USB and an HDMI port. There will be 3 shelves for my esxi hosts, a 10g switch and a KVM. Two 3d printers go above this stuff.

7 Likes

i'm waiting for a slide out kvm, help mounting the servers, Just testing the backup main router kick in (bottom cloud core router not on in the picture abouve) with rebooting the switches all remotely to make sure it worked..

2 Likes

Just got the rackmount for my Firewall in...

6 Likes

This is what it will look like loaded

4 Likes

Lewis, I'm very envious of your Li-ion UPS. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really just got it because it was the only one that would fit in a 17" deep short-depth rack so I can swap out the one in my network rack if needed.

2 Likes

Damn are those things expensive. What are the cost of replacement batteries?

Curious about the details of your fan set up.

Anyone have a better solution for your wifi .. Notice my wifi routers on top of the network cabinet (aka faraday cage) on a board for better signal.