Show Off Your Dashboards!

Just finished my migration from SmartThings and Webcore started about a week ago. It wasn't an entirely smooth ride :face_with_spiral_eyes: but I made it to the end and turned off the smartthings hub yesterday. I've been playing around with the dashboard tools and brushing off the CSS skills which aren't too great anyway and this is what I have so far,

For the PC/Tablet, a TabletView that shows all my meager smart devices:

For the Phone, I did 5 views:
Phoneview Top Page:

Living Room:

Media Room:

Mud Room:

Other Rooms:

It's a work in progress. I still need to add battery tracking and I need some weather data (Luminance for lighting control). Suggestions gratefully accepted. I also need better presence detection. Hubitat, I'm afraid isn't meeting expectations (for presence detection). There's no geofence on my wife's phone at all and my phone has a geofence and shows me in and out of it but it never seems to change anything, presence tile or Mode. I tried Alexa but that is ONLY detecting when I leave and never not once when I return. Weird. Any suggestions?

Updated 1/16/2023 Added a PowerPanel:

5 Likes

With a modified version of @mbarone 's iFrameAdvanced driver, I was able to produce "tabs" at the top of a dashboard to switch between different dashboards on-screen. Not necessarily the dashboards I would choose for this effect, but they were there, so I used them to develop the idea. I would most likely put different rooms or different topics at the top, like Lighting, Climate, Power, etc.

2C4DD603-6809-4715-8E85-810A5E391D9A

10 Likes

I've avoided dinking with the built in HE dashboards because I was pretty happy with my own HousePanel app. This weekend I took the dive and started playing with it thanks to the many great examples here and in the Noob's guide thread referenced here often. What I focused on what using the same icons I've come to love and expect from HousePanel and merging them into the HE platform using CSS. It was surprisingly easy and the end result looks quite nice I think. I will likely start using this now exclusively given the advantages of using the HE supported platform - such as avoiding cloud access when I'm in my home. If anyone is a user of HousePanel and wants to migrate using the CSS I created, let me know and I'll happily share. Here are two pages. Each page links back to the main page to simulate the HP multi-tab capability. Not quite as fast, but fast enough.

6 Likes

Just commenting to say....nice range!

how do you get smaller tiles and fit more than 2 wide on your phone screen?

That's done through CSS editing.

Click on SETTINGS and, on the GRID tab, change this to however many columns you want:

Then goto OPTIONS tab & delete this field and it will fit that many columns across your screen of whatever device you are using at the time:

If you delete Row Height, it will fit however many rows you designate.

Also, 1x1 doesn't have to be your "standard" tile size. To increase precision when placing tiles, I have had my "standard" size as 4x4 so that things like Text tiles can be 1x1, 1x4, etc.

In this dashboard, my "standard" tiles are 2x1 but the Text Header is 1x3 where 3 is the number of columns that dashboard is set. The dashboard is set to have 12 rows.

2 Likes

I think he was talking about the Smartly Inject style above

That would make a great e-ink display

Blockquote
Click on SETTINGS and, on the GRID tab, change this to however many columns you want:

Then goto OPTIONS tab & delete this field and it will fit that many columns across your screen of whatever device you are using at the time:

Also, 1x1 doesn't have to be your "standard" tile size. To increase precision when placing tiles, I have had my "standard" size as 4x4 so that things like Text tiles can be 1x1, 1x4, etc.

THANK YOU!!!

Am I the only one using ActionTiles? It works fine but would like something with a bit more "polish". Maybe it's something I can do within the app?

1 Like

I went a little crazy here, creating a dashboard in hubiVue to display all of the wonderful data provided in Hub Info Driver by @thebearmay :

3 Likes

If you are using an Amazon Fire tablet, I would use Android Dashboard

Or Hubivue

1 Like

Giving it a whirl. Not bad. Is there an icon pack or something I'm missing? There's hardly any.

Not sure if you saw the drop down box for icons...

I frequently make my own icons and use them. Several others do the same.
Search the Android Dashboard Forum for more information about icons.

1 Like

4 Likes

Nicely crafted, @bclark! Is that dash 12C x 7R, or a multiple of that? Looks fairly stock style-wise, so I'd be curious if you've employed any CSS hacks in its design.

Thanks. It is very stock and I'll provide my settings. The Traffic image, Radar (animated GIF loop), and the 7 Day Forecast are using the standard Image template. The ScoreStream widget I'm using the iFrameAdvanced App that is available through the Hubitat Package Manager app.

2 Likes

I picked up Lenovo M10 android tablet for $99 on Amazon so much of the design of this was to accommodate the screen of that device.

1 Like