Show Off Your Dashboards!

I just got the same about 2 months ago and use it as a dashboard. I love the charging stand that holds the tablet up because I have it sitting on a table instead of mounted to the wall.

2 Likes

I did. I don't have as many options as you have listed there though.

1 Like

Do you have the most recent version of the app?

1 Like

Where is the Chicago traffic gif? Mind sharing the url?

This was a more difficult one as I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I wanted this style of traffic map, but with hover boxes over each segment of expressway showing the travel time. Unfortunately many of the Chicago traffic maps available on the internet don't work so well in the dashboard, even when using iFrameAdvanced.

This URL is just Google Maps Traffic and I can confirm it updates with whatever you have the tile refresh interval set to for the Image tile. I'm personally doing 3600 seconds.

4 Likes

I must be missing something simple. Went to google maps. Pulled up this one. Then placed that URL in an image tile with a refresh interval of 3600 secs. The tile shows nothing. Is there some other URL that you're using. Or maybe you're using iFrame?

1 Like

Just Google "Chicago traffic" and you get an image at the top of the results...

https://www.google.com/search?q=chicago+traffic

2 Likes

Wow, that is too cool for school, how Google serves those images as "live", so that a simple Refresh on your dashboard brings up the latest traffic conditions. Sweet find!

Yes agree that's easy. I can pull up a google map in a browser no problem. It's placing that URL into the image tile within a dashboard that's not working for me. The tile shows nothing. Are others using iFrame or the like?

1 Like

I had to inspect the image in my console; and find the actual url being referenced. It's super long.

I had the same issue with a broken image tile. This fixed it. Neat!

Sorry, but I'm still not getting it. I pull up the google map, I inspect the image, I copy the long URL under "src", and I still get nothing in the image tile in dashboard, even after refreshing. Maybe there's a step that's obvious to you and most people, that I'm not getting. In the inspect area, how did you get that popup window to come up? Not seeing it.

That is probably from my browser. I was using Opera during that screenshot. Hover over the link in the console with your mouse; and see what happens.
Try using THIS link.. it's from my city, but I know it's working in my dashboard.

No special steps. It's just a matter of getting the correct url, I think.

That did it. Apparently there are two src URLs, one img and the other script. I was using the script one. Thanks for the help Josh.

1 Like

(https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=dB4S3CL79S-UOxv_4yQF0fnRgReZ1UduOjjarQKQ32GA2ak315V9fWq60HciFOBfCOWRpmZbUAbs0uP_qp1nerqG_DuFehE6m-dkfQ-hdfBJz0aWw-VUr15-9mspEBPlfDN0uuMwCkEPWwTW40gy-MqOhaJm2qyDIdliSEsyqDXoGpoat6f-kQMG7kvRX-UDS9JtFsEe0_jG6Uy4_NyuhP4A7H2swb3Ibe-vw-q67g2iIt4RETeoUIqop6ix5RVbA_Fc1LS1MXh51sCouDLCkABhCNtsMqIR6-IWdmtaqDrsI4LSst-5RDl-)

I put brackets around it so the site doesn’t parse the url into a link. See if that one works.

2 Likes

revamp of mine--hadn't touched it in 9 months...using smartly

7 Likes

This is almost exactly what i'm looking for in a dashboard... but there is no way i could do this on my own.

Can the gauges be loaded natively or is that ability part of smartly?

webCoRE has the ability to do gauges if you don't want to load Smartly.

Yes, I use them in webCore...I just can't stop tinkering and thought why not :grin:

2 Likes