Show Off Your Dashboards!

It's a start for the weather/temp dash.... Solved the radar tile with Hubigraph

1 Like

Pretty happy with how my new variation on a room dashboard is coming along....

EDIT - Made a few more mods, including seeing how it looked with different backgrounds...

2 Likes

Here's one I did with sharptools to monitor and control my outside lighting. It allows me to configure whether I want my lights to come on when a person is detected by the cameras, motion is detected by motion sensors, or both. It also shows the status of each device - the icons change and light up when motion or people are detected. The odd shape of the dashboard approximates the layout of my house and the devices.

2 Likes

So the wife wanted something without a bunch of tiles in a grid and I came up with this BUT I kind of think it looks lame because it still suffers from the grid restrictions. I'd much prefer it if I could make polygons and bend the areas in a more flexible way. Anybody have ideas? I looks ok until the lights come on, then I cant find a decent looking color/transparency value that doesn't hose it up.

Lights on:

Lights off:

3 Likes

I experimented with png's in an overlay- it did work very well - basically I stored values as variables, dynamically generated images via imagemagick and toggled them in a handcrafted tile.

It's a tad sketchy, but it worked very well. By taking your layout image, then 'chopping it up' into layers (photoshop has a nice layer feature which would come in handy) you could create perfect little toggles for each area. as a bonus, you could easily overly 2ndary data like temps, or other device states. I took it so far as to have 'groups'. as yet another bonus, you can imagemap it.

1 Like

I also made this as an example - I overwrote a workspace hard drive accidentally so I lost all my WIP files so I can't offer you anything to get started...

1 Like

@dotJson That looks too fake. Are all those beds really made? Where's the random messes throughout the house :joy:. Or did you find a way to automate that cleanliness?

4 Likes

1st thought, The Sims.

How, did you get the house layout like that?

Thanks!

We moved into a new house so had to make a new remote for the TVs/Roku. I change the top right slider based on what room I am in. The status of that slider changes the logic for what happens for the button pushes. If it could detect what room I am in, that would be even better. Bluetooth maybe???

This mostly users Roku's ECP (External Control Protocol) that is basically http requests to the Roku.

1 Like

I found a way to do the room detection using BT. I created a new thread so I don't take this one off the tracks.

New version:

First, that's pretty sweet. Nice job on this. I feel like it adds a bit of professionalism to it.

Regarding the colored tiles, instead of changing the tile's backgroud color, how about keeping the background transparent, and only changing the icon color to dictate the state of the device?

That’s a good idea. I’ll jack with it and see how it looks. Thanks.

1 Like

I've been meaning to ask HOW you went about exporting the items from your Alexa Shopping List.

I love this! Is it strictly Roku?

It's an IFTTT applet. Any updates to my Alexa list sends the entire list embedded in a Webhook to a Hubitat variable. Then I made Rule Machine rule to format it a bit so it's a little easier to look at/read. (Basically just replacing each comma with a comma/space.) The dashboard tile is just displaying the variable.

1 Like

It's done in Node Red with a combination of Roku's HTTP Requests and Harmony's Node Red integration. It doesn't do anything in Node Red that can't be done in HE directly. I believe you can send HTTP requests in RM.

If you try something like this, DO NOT create 25 virtual Button devices. You create ONE Virtual Button device with 25 buttons.

3 Likes

Never thought of that. It would have certainly shortened my devices list.

2 Likes

I originally got about 10 buttons in (so 10 additional virtual button devices) before I realized and went back. I think that virtual Button device is up to 26 buttons.

1 Like

33 buttons for two dashboards.....ugh!