This issue is really two issues in one...however, one seems to be related to the other.
So, to test/debug some issues with rules, I added an action to a couple that send me a TXT message telling me that it is taking action. I've never gotten a TXT message while away. So when I get home each day I check to see what's going on and find that my phone number is no longer saved in the device. Also, the device is no longer called, "Chris' Cell Phone", but rather reverts back to being called, "SM-N986U", which was the default name given to it by Hubitat.
Why does the name keep resetting and why does it keep losing the phone number? I am assuming it goes in the section labeled, "Text*" under Device Notification?
I also assume the "Text*" box contains the phone number in the form, "5555551212"?
Are you using a custom app for text (SMS) message notifications? HE doesn't have a native ability to send SMS. If you're using the built in notification, that's a push notification through the mobile app and doesn't require a phone number.
I misunderstood how things worked. I thought it sent an SMS message to your mobile device. Still, on the Hubitat App when I go to "Last 20 Notifications", the second photo is what I get. Nothing. Yet everything else seems to work on the app.
I just made a test rule that any time motion is detected it sends a notification. I walked past the sensor multiple times, but no notifications came through. I am using the "Send Message" action within the Basic Rules.
I'm seen the "Device Name" get reverted as well. It seems to like to stick to whatever it's set to inside the HE app. I've renamed mine before inside HE and the name reverted back to what's displayed in the mobile app. I've just settled on setting the "Device Label" since I don't want to set the app back up.
It was created by the mobile app. But it doesn't make sense that the message would go there for two reasons...one, that field is in the device configuration. It would change depending on the rule. Second, no matter what I put in there, it disappears. That is, it's not there when I go back to the device later.
I would suggest following these steps in my linked post:
Use the new virtual device that is created for your notifications. Push notifications should come through the mobile app. I suggest removing the virtual device that isn’t working right now. Something’s messed up and it probably isn’t worth trying to figure out how.
You can change the name of the mobile app device from within the mobile app settings page.