Securifi Peanut Smart Plug

I would recommend a driver that is meant for an Iris Smart Plug (if that is closer to what this really is). Maybe something like this one?

A great driver, and I use it for my laundry monitor, but gives the same info as he displayed. Has anyone written an app to keep a tally of kwh used? I would think an app would be needed if he wants kwh, since he has watts already.

It could be done with a driver quite readily. The driver would just need an attribute added to provide the kWh event (with some sort of interval, either time or value would be best) and a state variable (they could be the same thing) to add it up.

Ex:
attribute "kWh Usage", "number"

Then, wherever the driver indicates the watts used (need a specific time-based interval here so it knows how many watts per hour were used) it could add it up, so "kWh Usage" = WattsInLastHour / 1000

Then send the event per that interval determined earlier (time or value based).

I am surprised drivers do not have it... BUT... my bet (if they do not) is the problem of knowing that X watts were used in Y time. MOST of them I have seen only report values as of this moment. I think a couple have "total power" type of usage but that is really kW (sometimes) and no clear indication of how much time (usually forever, or after some reset has been performed) that amount was in (so think more like your electric meter).

1 Like

With "Iris Smart Plug" driver:

If I configure this plug in Smartthings it reports there the energy usage. The "Peanut Plug" driver has this functionality but there is something missing in the code to work with Zemismart Plug that I don't know.

Thanks for the driver - I have been quite happy with it! One thing I found that might be of benefit to others is a lacking of logging enable/disable toggles:
EG:

I prefer allowing people to select from a variety of logging types. That is why there is the preference for None, Info, Debug, or Trace. I (personally) find the "debug" and/or "descriptive" to be a bit lacking or too much whenever I am trying to figure out things.

1 Like