Securifi Peanut Smart Plug

The driver does (and most of the community-made Peanut Plug drivers do). The problem is that most Peanut Plugs out there did not have the firmware to do that. They need an upgrade from what they came out of the factory with to support it.

Most people do not actually need it or use it, but you have to do the firmware upgrade if you do want it.

Thanks for letting me know. I have upgraded the firmware on the plug, but I thought I had read that the custom driver was need to for power monitoring. I did try the built in driver and it is displaying power.

1 Like

Keep in mind others have reported this zigbee device causes trouble in the zigbee mesh.
See;
The great peanut panic thread

3 Likes

Thank you! I kept seeing this thread and thinking; have people no regard for their Zigbee mesh? Good lord, 6 of the Peanut menace plugs would routinely crash my network and cause bulbs to drop off daily. Guess what; My bulbs never drop off anymore.

2 Likes

Not everyone has trouble with Peanuts though. I have nearly 20 of them scattered across the house. Along with all sorts of other ZigBee devices.

1 Like

I am of the firm belief that Peanuts are 100% a problem. Even for users who claim reliability with them. The users with the good luck simply have not run into the "problem" yet. The problem is they do not play well with certain other brands on the same mesh. The brands vary, but in my case it was anything Philips Hue brand. And to go into more detail, it was the Philips Hue 4 button magnetic switches. This conclusion was after hours of step by step troubleshooting, re-meshing, more re-meshing, wiping the Hubitat multiple times, and finally, systematically removing things ONE by ONE until reliability was achieved. I had my system down to one Peanut Plug and one Philips Hue switch. The system would easily eat itself after about 6 hours with just those two things. Since originally the Peanuts were the last to be added to my system, and since that's when the problems started to happen, the Philips products win and all 20 Peanut plugs were replaced with INNR. Now my system has been flawless ever since.

1 Like

I do not have any Hue devices nor intend to have any, but I do have quite an "eclectic" mix of other ZigBee devices.

Be nice if there was the level of detail for the ZigBee mesh that is available for the C7's Z-Wave devices.

1 Like

I also have quite a few of the Hue 4-button switches and motion sensors. My Zigbee bulbs also wouldn’t stay connected until I removed the Peanuts. I could open the zigbee getChildAndRouteInfo page and the routes would change every time I refreshed the page. The routes seem to never change now. I also have 3 Zigbee mesh setup. None have Peanuts.

1 Like

Centralite are a good replacement for the Peanuts...big plus is they don't block the access to the second plug on the outlet regardless of whether you put them on the top or bottom plug, and they also fit well on a "vertical" power strip. Unlike many others including Innr, you can fit two on an outlet if you need to. $17.99 on Amazon, 100% reliable for me.

3 Likes

Do these monitor power use?

No, the Centralite 4200 series doesn't report power.

Sir, get an xbee. For an S2C Xbee and the USB board, it's under 30 bucks. The amount of info you get is amazing
Currently we have built in;
http://192.168.X.XX/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo (replace X.XX with hub's IP)

This is Xbee

3 Likes

Hi,

I'm trying to use this smart plug (Brazil Smart Tuya Zigbee Socket BR Plug Wireless Outlet Timing Plug 16A Energy Monitor Alexa Google Home Smart Home Control,Socket & Outlet) with HE. The energy monitoring feature is not working with the "Generic Zigbee Outlet" driver. With "Peanut Plug" driver is working but no energy (kWh) information:

Here is the fingerprint from the plug:

Anyone know how to make this plug work with HE ?

Thanks.

I would recommend a driver that is meant for an Iris Smart Plug (if that is closer to what this really is). Maybe something like this one?

A great driver, and I use it for my laundry monitor, but gives the same info as he displayed. Has anyone written an app to keep a tally of kwh used? I would think an app would be needed if he wants kwh, since he has watts already.

It could be done with a driver quite readily. The driver would just need an attribute added to provide the kWh event (with some sort of interval, either time or value would be best) and a state variable (they could be the same thing) to add it up.

Ex:
attribute "kWh Usage", "number"

Then, wherever the driver indicates the watts used (need a specific time-based interval here so it knows how many watts per hour were used) it could add it up, so "kWh Usage" = WattsInLastHour / 1000

Then send the event per that interval determined earlier (time or value based).

I am surprised drivers do not have it... BUT... my bet (if they do not) is the problem of knowing that X watts were used in Y time. MOST of them I have seen only report values as of this moment. I think a couple have "total power" type of usage but that is really kW (sometimes) and no clear indication of how much time (usually forever, or after some reset has been performed) that amount was in (so think more like your electric meter).

1 Like

With "Iris Smart Plug" driver:

If I configure this plug in Smartthings it reports there the energy usage. The "Peanut Plug" driver has this functionality but there is something missing in the code to work with Zemismart Plug that I don't know.

Thanks for the driver - I have been quite happy with it! One thing I found that might be of benefit to others is a lacking of logging enable/disable toggles:
EG:

I prefer allowing people to select from a variety of logging types. That is why there is the preference for None, Info, Debug, or Trace. I (personally) find the "debug" and/or "descriptive" to be a bit lacking or too much whenever I am trying to figure out things.

1 Like