Just purchased a Schlage JBE109 Deadbolt
(My other non-smart locks are all Schlage, my other smart devices are ZWave, and according to Z-Wave Alliance this lock is ZGM130 radio/zwave version 7.11.1 -- so this 700 series Z-wave lock felt like the way to go)
Have a couple of questions, but first, here is the background:
- I tried to add the lock using SmartStart (the first time I've used SmartStart)
- I scanned the QR code and waited. After a few minutes, it didn't appear to work--no indication of anything. So...
- I decided to try and add using typical Inclusion BUT when I went to put the device into inclusion mode the device seemed to balk.
- Tried an exclude and it also balked, so just before factory resetting and trying again I...
- Looked at Settings::Z-wave Details and there was a new unnamed device (by Allegion, the parent company).
- So I went to devices...no new devices...
- Went back to Z-wave Details and it was still there so...
- I clicked on the device URL (which had a name like 'Device' or something generic, can't remember) and...
- A device page showed up without a name or a driver. So I added a name, a label, and chose Generic Z-Wave Lock driver.
Lock seems to work now, including with Lock Code Manager (it has only been a day or so). Once in a while seems a little slow to respond or stubborn to update the icon in the dashboard, and it failed with a couple of Z-Wave Repairs, but seems to work better after the last (successful) repair.
So...here are the questions:
- I am guessing I should've waited longer with SmartStart (user error)? or might it have been something else?
- Should I remove, factory reset, and re-include it? or just go with it?
- Will there likely be a new driver for J-Series, or does it matter (just use Generic)?
Thoughts? and thanks in advance.