Schlage BE469 No Luck with 2.0.4 - Suggestions

I have 2 outdoor zwave devices but they are on the other side of the house and outside. I doubt my locks are routing through these devices...and I have had them since I bought my hub back in February...this problem just started.

Mine only started a few days ago as well. It could be interference from another device it doesn't have to be routing through them.
Thus now I am looking at buying something to map my zwave like I do my zigbee now.
The GE switch I replaced had been working fine for a year as well.

I have noticed with my own experience with Schlage locks. But that's a good thing in a way. I've noticed that my BE469's will not reconnect securely after they've disconnected from the hub for a period of time. I have a feeling this is a security feature. It's also a huge pain in the arse.

To be clear my schlage locks have been fine since removing the GE zwave switch.
I have other different model GE zwave switches that still work fine.

The expensive side:

Or the cheap side, zensys.

Good luck

What is the firmware of your BE469? Anything before 7.2 can be problematic. Firmware 6.8 has a bug that causes a network flood if the hub doesn't answer a message fast enough, which pretty much if it goes through a repeater. 8.0 or later is optimal for these devices.

Is there a way to update the firmware? Look what reports mine with basic zwave tool

Its easier than that. Just go to the lock and remove the cover. There should be a sticker with the master codes and firmware version.

Schlage does not make firmware available for these locks. I was told they’re not flashable.

3 Likes

I will take a look tomorrow, wife is sleeping already, I have a rule to turn on the light when I open the door and it's slow, sometimes takes 8 secs to turn on the light, I discovered if I leave the door unlocked, wait any amount of time and open the door without touching the lock the light turns on instantly, only when I interact with the door lock the light gets a delay, so some flooding or something else is happening, for the light I had a GE non plus zwave switch and I replaced it to a zooz plus model, same results, but I have the same rule for my laundry door and it works perfectly, difference is not smart lock there...

Thanks for the info.

I had similar symptoms. Any automations controlling the lock along with any other Z-Wave devices were sluggish and unreliable. It took a while for the devs to get involved. Support just kept having me reconnect the lock. When the devs took a look, they saw the lock was sending 10 messages per second for several seconds, which were not even parsable. This was causing the mesh to grind to a halt anytime the locks were communicating. ST support told me not to use any Schlage devices with firmware less than 7.2. I had 2 locks running 6.8 which according to ST support was from 2013.

After going back and forth with Schlage, I wound up just replacing them. Support told me they were not user upgradeable, would not upgrade them, even if I paid for service, and since they were out of warranty, wouldn't replace them. I like them locks, so I replaced them this time. But it's the last time I ever re-purchase a device just to get updated firmware.

I'm screwed for sure....

Missed it by 1/10th of a revision. That's just salt in the wound. I'll have to check mine when I get home and hope I get lucky.

Also fun is that unless you are buying locally you have zero way of knowing what revision you are buying.

Part of why I switched away from schlage.

I've purchased my last lock from Schlage too. I only replaced them as they're used in my rental, so everyone is used to how they work. But Schlage will not get any more business from me after that. experience

Here's what I would do. If you have a Home Depot nearby, purchase a new model with the 8.0 firmware and try it out. If you do not see any change in how the automation reacts, then you're lock is probably not the culprit.

1 Like

We think similar, I just purchased one on Amazon with 6 months of 0% APR using Prime Credit Card, I never had any troubles returning items to Amazon, I hope I get at least a 7.2.

Although I've always done zwave locks in the past, I may try a zigbee one next time.

EDIT: I actually found a replacement Kwikset zigbee module on eBay and ordered it to try out. Much like the Yale, you can replace the communications card on Kwikset without changing the whole lock.

Yes, probably I will get a zigbee Schlage if the one ordered at Amazon doesn't works, but not sure if it is supported here.

3 months ago I replace one of my OLD Schalge locks(FW5.8) with a new lock (FW8.0). My other locks are FW7.1. So I'm pretty sure the Firm Ware is not causing the issue I'm having

1 Like

Let's hope not because I just checked my locks. One is 8.0 :grin: and the other is 7.1 :frowning_face:

Received an 8.0, not pairing secure at all, opened a separate thread for the weird issue I have