Sage by Hughes

FYI, on eBay lots of the Sage Zigbee devices have shown up. Doorbell sensors, light switches, and light bulbs.

1 Like

You know what, I know the doorbell sensors are zigbee, but am pretty sure the others are also. Now I feel bad for posting without 100% certainty.

I ordered the doorbell sensor for $4.98 shipped. Something to play with...:wink:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Play with 12 of them and order a 12 pack :smile:

Doorbell sensors $1

1 Like

I bought a ton of the bulbs, light switches and doorbell sensors in a local auction. Got them for pretty much 10 - 15 cents each by the 24 pack. I'm now transitioning from SmartThings to HE. Under SmartThings I could get the light switches to act as a generic zigbee buttons, and they worked fine.. So Far, I can't find anything that matches in HE. Any ideas?

It finds them as a 'device' and when I press the on and off buttons it sends different codes when watching live logging.

Thanks

In case this helps, here is what the logging shows. The first is pressing off, the second is pressing on. This is with this set to 'device'

dev:32019-12-11 06:42:38.196 pm infoZigbee parsed:[raw:catchall: 0104 0006 12 01 0040 00 4257 01 00 0000 01 00 , profileId:0104, clusterId:0006, clusterInt:6, sourceEndpoint:12, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:4257, isClusterSpecific:true, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:01, direction:00, data:[]]

dev:32019-12-11 06:42:35.895 pm infoZigbee parsed:[raw:catchall: 0104 0006 12 01 0040 00 4257 01 00 0000 00 00 , profileId:0104, clusterId:0006, clusterInt:6, sourceEndpoint:12, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:4257, isClusterSpecific:true, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[]]

Did you try changing the Type to Generic Zigbee Switch in the device page?

Yes, I've tried about 20 different ones. Some give some error feedback, most give no feedback (when looking at logs and pressing the on and off buttons on it)

In SmartThings, I updated it to a Zigbee Button on the portal. Even though this device handler has 4 buttons, and the physical device has only 2, it still worked.

Thanks

Maybe @mike.maxwell can interpret the above logs and see what device type would work.

delete

If Ogiewon has one, I'm getting one too. I know something useful will be cooked up, and for 5 bucks.

I wonder what the original functionality was? to let you know your doorbell button was pushed?
another failed HA venture, too bad. The door sensors(visonic) are amazing

I bought a case of 24 of them for about $2 total. The original setup of these is to mount them on top of an on/off switch left in the on position, then tie this ON button and OFF button to a sage bulb at the end of that line or whatever.

This was really the catalyst to my move from SmartThings to HE - This simple setup was very slow on ST with recent cloud issues, and I was hoping local processing would make that delay go away. in HE the logging from pressing on/off is instant, just no correct driver for it that I can find.

I also have 48 door bell ringers from sage if anyone is interested in these PM me we can figure something out. Also the bulbs showed up as Generic Zigbee bulbs. They are pretty solid, I just don't have a lot of use for bulbs in my house, lots of BR30 and BR40s....

Thanks

My description is for the on/off switch, not the doorbell. I kinda hijacked this thread.

Yes the doorbell sensor has terminals to screw into an analog doorbell at the transformer side. It will basically be a trigger when there is ac voltage across the two terminals (three terminals total - recognizes a front and back doorbell).

I just bought another case of 24 of them for $1 just for the lithium batteries in them! Again if there is a use, PM me.

1 Like

Now that's thinking outside the box. Savage! :grin:

1 Like

LOL! I simply hooked mine up to my doorbell, using it exactly the way it was intended to be used.

2 Likes

Every zigbee button device is different it seems, so each driver is different.
This one should be straight forward.
Parse description as map, then build a switch case or if statement for clusterId 0006, command 00 is one type of button event, command 01 is another.

1 Like

I understand what you are saying but I have no experience in coding this. Are there templates in a library I can reference instead of starting from a blank slate?

Thanks

We don't normally include new drivers for out of production devices, but we could possibly make an exception for these since these seem well behaved based on the posts ive read here.
Also for me to build a simple button driver from scratch is maybe a 30 minute job.

Anyway, if someone cares to donate samples of these devices (which ever ones you want us to have a look at) to the cause I can have a look and include drivers as required...

3 Likes

I'll ship some to you. PM me for shipping details and I'll get them out.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Sorry Mike, it's a busy time of year... I'm hoping to get these shipped out usps tomorrow.

Thanks!