Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

what are you all doing to get it to crash?

here is one my dashboards with occupancy icon … i have a few of these and none of them crash. :slight_smile:

edit: i havent updated to the latest version of the HE release … wanted to get this release done before that. maybe there is something in the new HE release that breaks it? will find out tomorrow when i update.

My tile is large enough.
On another note, the room switch capability, and the button numbers, can we get that added to the documentation?
Thanks!

ok then likely the new release of HE breaks it.

will do.

updated to github with the following changes. NOTE the breaking changes below.

*  Version: 0.60.0
*   DONE:   8/1/2018
*	1) BREAKING CHANGE: added color options in rooms to support the same colors as supported in rooms manager already.
*       you will need to update any color settings for rules after this update.
*	2) added option to select between pushable, holdable and double tap buttons on Hubitat.
*	3) added support for multiple types of speaker devices for rooms child so those are available for announcements.
*	4) added support for light bulbs to support announcement in each via color.
*	5) added support for some announcements for doors and windows in rooms.
*	6) optimized code for processing adjacent rooms when updated from rooms settings.
*	7) collapsed option for sending command to any device instead of being able to support only the operational mode
*		for ge siwtches on SmartThings. on Hubitat this supports sending any commands to any device from rules. on
*		Smartthings, since ST does not supporting any device from input, it currently supprts any commands to any
*		device that is of type switch.
*	8) added more details for temperature rules when shown in view all settings.
*	9) added option to support fans that only support on/off but not level settings.
*	10) changed how time scheduling is handled to work around how infrequent Smartthings issue with sunrise and sunset.
*	11) added support for variable volums to announcements.
*	12) swatted a bug here and a bug there.
*   13) BREAKING CHANGE: added multiple different occupancy icon sizes for use with Hubitat dashboard.
*       you will need to update any dashaboards using occupancyIcon to use one of the new icons of different sizes.
*	14) added image URL for occupancy icon for use for when Hubitat supports state attributes for image URL in dashboard.
*	15) add a few more tiles for SmartThings for missing attributes like outside temperature, vents and couple of others.
*	16) updated readme for github.

@murray.sean.d please try out the only on state change setting.

@doug please try out the double tap support.

@napalmcsr please check if occupancy icon shows if you use the new smallest icon size.

sorry...

or not... I can't get into my room in the app section.

Can you clarify one more time exactly how rules should operate when the only on state change setting is enabled vs disabled?

@bangali, the dashboard crashes have been happening since you showed me the workaround a few weeks back. It would initially crash right away but after resizing like you suggested back then, it would appear to work... but if you left the window open looking enough it would eventually crash.

sigh … let me update to the latest HE code tomorrow and check.

please update the code for rooms manager from github one more time.

sorry.

when only on state change is enabled:

rules should be evaluated and executed when state changes including setting the switches but not subsequently while room stays in that state.

when only on state change is disabled:

rules are evaluated and executed when state changes including setting the switches and after that switches are set as per matching rules every 1 minute on HE.

i have had the dashboard window open for 4 hours now. i will leave it open thru the night. i have never seen it crash by just leaving it open. on version 1.1.1.119.

I'm trying to assign the button action for the night lights but it doesn't save my selection. Probably because i don't have any button numbers:

does it still let you set the button action?

Yes but after selecting it, the page refreshes and the selection is gone.

Also getting this error:

checking …

update the rooms child code and try again please.

Can't select any button devices now.

I think my setup is messed up, I am enjoying the app :slight_smile: I can't see the room manager app unless I do a load new app, but I can see all of the logging of my 2 rooms. I am not going to bother bugging you until my system is normal again.

When you say your browser crashes, what do you mean? Just the page locks up, or browser actually crashes?

It would also help to know operating system, version, browser, version, etc.