Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

Blue light may not be the best choice if she values her sleep. There's a fair bit or research that indicates blue light significantly reduces the production of melatonin which can adversely affect sleep. As bengali pointed out 1900K and red hues in general are likely a better option.

2 Likes

if she is anything like my wife … dark blue it is. nobody tell my wife please. :wink:

4 Likes

@SteveV I'll point that out to her and see if she is interested in trying something different BUT as Bangali pointed out WAF is what is important :slight_smile: Reds gives her a headache and greens make her feel trapped so those are off the table.

I've been using 2700K / 1% throughout the house during night mode, so I"ll give 1900k a try and see if we like it better, that might ease her in to the idea of that by the bedside :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Gradually change the color over a period of week/months--she'll never notice :stuck_out_tongue:

@SteveV you must not have a wife my friend. :slight_smile:

Been married 33 years (to the same woman) :smiley:

1 Like

you must be an optimist then. :smiley:

1 Like

@bangali, I may have found another issue. When the set time for the holiday lights ends, the light does not turn off. Instead, it stays on with the settings listed for the device. In this case, red was set as the color and it remained on.

yeah thats one of the things i meant when i said this :smile:

any update on the twinkle?

Which bulbs go to 1900K?

charging a $1 for the answer.

EDIT: just kidding. :slight_smile:

samsung lightify color bulbs go to 1900K. sengled color plus go to 2000K.

Geeze, and here I am in the blinding white light of Hue's 2200K.

300K at night is huge. its the difference between glaring and soothing.

and if you wait a few more days … you can get this one:

supports 1700K. thats a cool 500K less at night from hues.

1 Like

I'd have to evaluate fade times, on/off functionality, color temp prestaging, etc.

Cool robotic lookin' bulb though...

1 Like

supports 1700K. thats a c̶o̶o̶l̶ warm 500K less at night from hues.

:sunglasses:

But really, if we can convince the team to develop LIFX Local Control integration, their Day/Dusk bulbs go to 1500K. Currently they're just not worth using for everyday stuff with the cloud lag.

2 Likes

We want to do this integration. It's many months out however...

1 Like

wait … the yeelight one or the lifx one is many months out?

Local LIFX would be a gamechanger.

@bangali - I'm setting up a bathroom with motion sensor and I want it to use the AL color temp settings for all modes except Sleep Mode, when I want it to turn on at 1% and 2200K. Is this possible?