Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

Fantastic, thank you!

1 Like

Hey Bengali,

Earlier, in one of the 3 threads I've been liaising with you on Rooms Manager, you indicated that it was/might be possible to transfer all the rules/settings from SmartThings Rooms Manager to Hubitat Rooms Manager.

Please come to my aid and tell me this is true. Currently in the mess of transition, and could really do with a win here!

Bangali,

First off love what you've done with room manager but I'm seeing a new bug with the latest release (v0.90.0). Under the sleep section I'm unable to select any switches (list is empty) and the "disable sleep after so long" input isn't showing the description. I've created a new room to test this on with the same result. Existing room no longer show the switch for "sleep mode enabled" either.

1 Like

If you scroll up a bit you'll see this: Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

1 Like

thank you.

please update rooms child app code and give it a try.

1 Like

the code is there but unfortunately neither ST or HE will allow an input setting to be updated till it has been user inputted from mobile app or portal respectively. which kind of defeats the purpose and put a fork in this one. :frowning:

best to compare the settings on view all settings page on both platforms to confirm everything has been set respectively.

sorry.

updated to github with the following changes:

Version: 0.90.2

DONE:   10/1/2018
1) fix for holiday lights. requires resaving holiday lights settings.
2) more code optimization for frequent functions.
3) other small fixes.

@hughlipham please update and give holiday lights a try again. should mostly work right … there may be edge cases which i am still checking for … but wanted to get the fix out for you to try.

Can't configure the asleep switch anymore. When clicking on this, i don't see any devices anymore.

are you on the latest code?

Let me update your latest one, 1 sec.

Update: Yep is fixed now, thanks mate

1 Like

@bangali It works after the update! Thank you. I'm not sure what the twinkle is supposed to do, but rotate changes the color at the time indicated.

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

did you give it a try? :slight_smile:

btw if you run the twinkle for more than a couple of mins dont set the number of seconds to anything else than 5 seconds.

I tried it, but the time was set to 60 seconds. It sounds like I had the time set too high for twinkle to work. I'll give it a shot with less time.

1 Like

try with 2 seconds for a couple of mins.

strange that you were able to set it to 60 seconds the number range specified is 3 to 10 … that should be enforced on input. :thinking:

Works great now, thanks for the quick update.

1 Like

Bangali,

Weird issue. New to Hubitat, and moving all automations across. I've completed two rooms, but both times, it's taken about an hour for the rules to start working.

It's not due to half devices being on ST and the other half on HE. All devices have been moved across, and only some automations. Anyway, was causing me much angst....no idea why.

Bangali,

Would it be possible to add color under the "night lights while asleep" sleep configuration when a switch is selected? You currently only show level and temperature. The wife likes her bed lamp in a dark blue very dim at night so having to write rules around this (when night light would be perfect for it :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Have you checked logging? Might want to post your rules and settings here so we can check

like @mjw-tan said anything in the logs? also new devices added to the hub take a bit of time to start communicating well with the hub.

have you tried convincing her that night light set to 1% at 1900K is best for night vision? let me know how that goes. :wink:

will do.