Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

hello george:

old user new platform? :slight_smile: thank you for being a rooms manager user.

i am adding a cloning feature. the save settings portion of it is done the restore not yet. hopefully the restore will work without a hitch. once that is working you could copy the save settings from ST ā€¦ edit the device ids ā€¦ then paste them in to the restore settings on HE.

would you please expand on the use case a bit more? want to understand how best to support this in rooms manager.

in engaged settings there is an option for Contact sensor on outside door?. if you turn that flag on it will change the room to engaged when the contact sensor is open. most users use this to set lights in a garage. but it could be used for any room. is that what you are looking for?

that description is probably not self explanatory ā€¦ i will also update that.

as you said ā€¦ this one wouldnt work with multiple people in the house ā€¦ sorry. :slight_smile:

look forward to having you on HE.

Hey Bengali,

I've got an issue with one of my rooms, called Study Room. Seems that nothing works in that room. Initially, I think I forgot to save, and started setting it up. Then I had errors, so tried to delete the room, which caused critical errors. Tried to delete room a 10-15 times. More critical errors. It wasnt deleting room, but had deleted all rooms.

So, i started again. And again with Study, same issues. No matter how many times the sensors report motion (in ST, remember, I'm in ST, not Hubitat yet), the room does not update. I tried recreating room with different name. Occasionally, when I create room again, it puts the motion detector as a window sensor (I'm sure I did not set this wrong multiple attempts).

Not sure what is going on. You have not updated recently, which I just checked on ST. It's a simple room, with just 1 or 2 motion sensors, and 1 light. Not even any rules at this stage, because I cant even get the room to change to Occupied or Engaged, despite those settings being filled.

You can see in the screenshots that there are no window sensors, yet, there appears to be one in the other photo. (I tried to put images in posts, but not allowed).

Sorry, I tried to message you the images, but I cant seem to do that either. Frustrating.

Wow, I cant even share links, or dropbox shares. Even more frustrating. What is the logic behind that Hubitat staff?

It is just the anti spam logic that prevents newly registered users from spamming the forums and private messages. It goes away automatically.

please share the view all settings info for that room on the ST forum:

i dont like jumping the gun without data ā€¦ so i say this in a general sense ā€¦ in 95%+ of the cases when a room isnt working AT ALL on ST:

1. the devices are having trouble communicating with the hub
  2. there is an ST platform issue ongoing during that period

if you will please share the view all settings info on the ST forum we can figure it out from there.

just realized i never got this one coded and everyone was nice enough not to remind me:

you guys suck! :smile:

4 Likes

Haha well i wouldnt use it so yea :wink:

i added a new switch to one of the bathrooms then couldnt figure out where to set the humidity settings ā€¦ thats when i figured out i posted but never actually coded it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

update to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.72.5
*   DONE:   8/30/2018
*	1) added humidity indicator to device occupancy DTH.
*	2) moved couple more room devices input settings to room devices page.
*	3) changed humidity from integer to decimal. humidity rules coming in next version.
*	4) coded and commented room restore settings since HE does not support updating settings input by user.
*	5) all room devices with multiple devices now use average values for illuminance, temperature etc.
*	6) changed some formatting for rooms manager settings on HE.
*	7) added support for critical device connectivity failure notification with SMS.
*	8) process temperature changes at a minimum interval of 30 seconds.
*   9) fixed a bug where new rooms were not being updated when using adjacent rooms.
*	10) cleaned up a bug here and there and optimized

coming next settings and rules to manage humidity.

meanwhile searching for why my humidity subscription was not working ā€¦ ran in to this thread from a while ago:

that uses another humidity sensor to baseline what the value should be in places humidity fluctuates heavily like in a shower. then with that baseline + any offset turn on the shower exhaust fan as needed to get the humidity back to the baseline level.

the logics already written out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

here are a few changes i am making on HE for performance improvements:

1. turned off logging by default (checking over last couple of days frequent logging seems to impact performance significantly)
  2. changed recurring processing of switches to once every 5 mins (used to be once per minute on HE)
  3. removed call to update tiles indicators on HE from child app
  4. removed tiles and code for updating indicators from the driver

these are in descending order of impact.

also because i dont have want to deal with multiple branches :slight_smile: and want to release these quickly ā€¦ will release these changes along with v1 of humidity management this weekend.

2 Likes

Hello! How do I see a room's state in the Dashboard? Do I need to add the room as a device in HE? If so, what device type is it? Or is there a simpler way to see the room's current state besides the dashboard?

there are couple of ways to see the rooms occupancy state:

1. from devices list select the rooms occupancy device for the room and you can see the occupancy there.
  2. add the rooms device to a dashboard then add a tile with occupancy as the attribute.

hmmm... I don't see a rooms occupancy device for the room in the dashboard (or list of Hubitat devices). In addition to creating the room in Rooms Manager, do I have to also create a device?

no you dont need to create the device ... it gets automatically created when the room is created.

did you install the driver along with the 2 apps? if not please install it then edit and save the room(s) to create the occupancy device. NO need to recreate the rooms from scratch.

Jeez, where do you manage to dig up these posts...

what ā€¦ what ā€¦ which one? maxwell on humidity? or bruce on runIn? :slight_smile:

^

well just doing some research.

mind you ā€¦ thats not the first version i am doing ā€¦ but why reinvent wheel?

err ā€¦ sorry ā€¦ meant why not reinvent the wheel? the wheels always there. :wink:

1 Like