Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

Hmm...

app:2832018-08-22 22:15:15.288:debugPushing motion active to Hallway Motion 2(ECB2) Response: 200
app:2832018-08-22 22:15:14.561:debugPushing motion active to Hallway Motion 3(D57F) Response: 200
app:6822018-08-22 22:15:14.029:debug Hallway: repeated motion: null | null | 0 | occupied
app:6822018-08-22 22:15:13.979:debug Hallway: Hallway unschedule calling class: motion active handler
app:6822018-08-22 22:15:13.941:info Hallway: motionActiveEventHandler
dev:1292018-08-22 22:15:13.848:infoHallway Motion 2 is active
app:6822018-08-22 22:15:13.281:debug Hallway: repeated motion: null | null | 0 | occupied
app:6822018-08-22 22:15:13.182:debug Hallway: Hallway unschedule calling class: motion active handler
app:6822018-08-22 22:15:13.150:info Hallway: motionActiveEventHandler
dev:1302018-08-22 22:15:13.086:infoHallway Motion 3 is active

Occupied, but the light doesn't come on... Not at 0% either...

One error:

errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method minus() on null object on line 5257 (handleSwitches)

The only reference to the bulb I see in the logs is: debug Hallway: whichSwitchesAreOn: [Hallway Bulb Color], but this is not reflected in the device state.

this seems to be the line:

long maxMinDiff = max - min

did you pick a level to set?

In the rules?

I selected "Auto Level (and color temperature)"

Light turns on with all other integers!

ahh … i should disable that unless AL settings are there.

please check the Auto Level AL settings page to confirm all settings on that page are there. if not there please set and save … then save the room and try again.

aHa! Very nice. I set the min at 25, and max at 100, and then defined my color temperature range.

[[hideAdvanced:[false, bool]], [motionSensors:[[131, 129, 130], capability]], [whichNoMotion:[2, enum]], [triggerMotionSensors:[[131, 129], enum]], [setLevelTo1:[100, enum]], [type1:[e, enum]], [name1:[Hallway Rule, text]], [mode1:[[Day-Away, Day-Home, Morning-Away, Morning-Home, Night-Away, Night-Home, Sleep-Away, Sleep-Home], mode]], [state1:[[engaged, occupied], enum]], [switchesOn1:[[677], capability]], [onlyHas:[true, bool]], [anonIt:[true, bool]], [minLevel:[25, number]], [maxLevel:[100, number]], [wakeupTime:[2018-08-22T07:00:00.000-0400, time]], [autoColorTemperature:[true, bool]], [sleepTime:[2018-08-22T23:00:00.000-0400, time]], [minKelvin:[2000, number]], [maxKelvin:[6500, number]]]

This is good practice for a real room. Is there a way to keep the light on at all times, and use setLevel solely? Just trying to take advantage of the ramping effect of this bulb.

cool.

wait … you dont want the light to ever turn off? :slight_smile:

No. 0% is still on with these bulbs. So in order to have it smoothly, I tell it to setLevel to 0% and it fades down to black. Then setLevel 100% (or whatever) to fade it up.

so there is a feature i am pushing by friday which has a dim over seconds setting for off. when turning the light off it will dim to black over that many seconds.

for the on portion set these:

• in checking settings set dim timer to 10 seconds or whatever value you like >= 5 seconds
  • set dim by level to 50%
  • set dim to level to 1%
  • set do not restore light level flag to on

then try it.

Thanks @bangali - I'll be back tomorrow to play with this some more.

1 Like

this is the rooms manager settings page from HE which works independent from the rooms themselves to support various kind of announcements and notifications with speakers, colors or even sms. and more is coming:

1 Like

@bangali, what kind of announcements/notifications do you use for when someone enters a room?

did you mean home because havent gotten micro-presence working yet. :slight_smile:

on the topic here are the random strings i use courtesy of @BorrisTheCat on the ST forum … for welcome home and left home announcements:

welcomeHome text Welcome home &,/How you doing &,/What’s up &,/Long time no see &,/Hey &,/Nice you see you &,/Look who’s home, it’s &,/Nice to have you back &,/Howdy do &,/What’s going on &,/How is everything &,/It’s been ages since I have seen you &,/Where have you been hiding &,/How’s it hanging &,/What’s cookin &,/What’s shakin &,/Greetings and salutations &,/How goes it &,/What’s happening &,/What’s up &,/Roll out the red carpet for &,
welcomeHomeCloser text &is in the house! Ooo oooo/&is here./&is home./&is in the house./&is joining the party./&is crashing the party./&is gracing us with their presence./&is dropping anchor./&is dropping in./&is making the scene./&is barging in./&is showing up./&is blowing in./&is appearing./&is breezing in./&is rolling in./&is popping in.
leftHome text Goodbye &,/See you later &,/Bye &,/Live long and prosper &,/Farewell &,/Hope you have a great time &,/Take care &,/Smell you later &,/Adios &,/Caio &,/Au revoir &,/Sayonara &,/Ta Ta for now &,/Catch you later &,/To-da-loo &,/See you in the funny papers &,/Toodles &,/Godspeed &,/So long &,/Cheerio &,/Arrivederci &,
leftHomeCloser text &has left the building!/&has gone out./&has popped out./&has left./&has buggered off./&has departed./&has split./&has vamoosed./&has high tailed it./&has escaped./&has eight-six’d it./&has bid farewell./&has flaked off./&has took a hike./&has withdrawn./&has exited./&has vanished./&has disappeared./&has evacuated./&has retreated./&has taken their leave.

i also use color notification setup … the setup for that is pretty simple in the app:

note you dont see the spoken announcement setup in this image because my speakers are still on ST.

3 Likes

could already announce sunrise and sunset thought i would add in modes too:

@mjw-tan if you are around … later today i will release a new version with support for notify my echo for rooms child. since i dont use alexa … could you please give it a try over the weekend or something and give me some feedback?

thank you.

PS: off course the request is also open to anyone using rooms and has an echo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

updated to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.70.0
*   DONE:   8/18/2018
*	1) removed the `lock` capability which i had included for use on HE since HE does not support 'lock only' capability.
*	2) fixed send event for switch and button in rooms occupany device.
*	3) added support for multiple button devices in room button device.
*	4) added dimming lights to off over configurable number of seconds.
*   5) added sms settings with time window for when sms should be sent.
*	6) added selectable time for github update sms notification.
*   7) added sms support for low battery notification.
*   8) renamed device health check to device connectivity check so folks dont confuse it with ST device health check.
*	9) added option to not speak sunrise and sunset announcement and only do color notification.
*	10) added option in battery check to add battery devices that are not otherwise used in rooms to battery check.
*	11) on HE added support for notify my echo for spoken messages from the room but not rooms manager yet.
1 Like

Yep seems to work with alexa

1 Like

thanks man!

Hey Bengali,

New user here. Have not got a Hubitat hub yet, still pondering it, waiting for a few things to occur before I make the jump (google home integration etc). I'm using rooms manager on smartthings at present.

A couple of questions, suggestions

1. I imagine there is no easy way to migrate from rooms manager smartthings to rooms manager HE?
  2. Would it be possible to add a switch section in the rules page. I want (for certain modes) the lights to turn on for longer if certain switches are NOT on. I currently cant see way to do this.
  3. Would it be possible to have the contact sensors change presence by open, not just closing. There are times when I want lights turning on when the contact sensor opens.
  4. Would it be possible to have presence in a room also set by the surrounding rooms. For example, there are some rooms in my house where I cant get out of without walking past a motion sensor (outside the room). So if I walk into the room, and motion is active, and sit down and read a book, I'd like presence in that room to be occupied/engaged. I could probably set it by having a setting somewhere where it said: presence in room, unless motion sensor movement in these sensors. (might not work for multiple people, such as my case). Now that I think about this request, it wouldnt work with multiple people in the house.

Look forward to getting into this. Thanks, George.