Ring keypad v2

Is this consistent or occasional? I will sometimes see that my alarm system arms, and arms HSM, but the keypads don't get the "arm" message. My situation is more complicated because I have HSM integrated with Envisalink and my alarm panel. I have a set of rules to validate every change in the panel gets corrently synced with HSM and the keypads.

It is persistent. I believe this is because their is no configuration within HSM to notify the keypads of a status change when initiated from devices other than keypad. Should i create a rule to sync keypad status from HSM?

Mine generall work fine... even without the rules. I wonder if there's something odd about the way they included? I remember mine were tricky to get working.

this feature was added in 1.1.2 released a couple of weeks ago-- are you using at least that version? the latest version has some extra features, too.

My keypad devices show community driver 1.1.7.

When using SmartStart, does anyone know WHICH of the checkboxes should be checked by default? I think I messed this up the first time, and now Hubitat has 'remembered' how I did it... so instead of two boxes being checked (like most people indicate there should be), only one is.

Thanks for the input from everyone. I discovered what was causing the keypad status to not update when HSM is armed from either the dashboard or mobile. It happened to be that I had not added the keypad as a device inside the HSM app under "arm/disarm with keypad .

I am now curious if the hubitat driver would have had the same success???

I feel kinda silly having not asked you that earlier!

No worries, you would think that would prevent the keypad from interacting with HSM altogether.

Hi everyone here!

I'm using the Rev C-7 hub and I'm trying to add a new Ring Keypad V2 but I haven't had any luck connecting it via Z-Wave, I have the latest Firmware version 2.3.1.142. It's something that i have to click on the keypad in order to pair with the hub?

Post a copy of your z-wave details page in it's entirety please.

Then if all is where there factory reset the keypad. Press and hold the pinhole reset button in the back of the Keypad for 10 seconds, until it flashes red. Then initiate pairing again (it must be paired with security)

A screen shot of the zwave details page would probably be easier to consume.

Hmmm those two sirens look a little funky... if you can manage to re-pair the first one without S0 (either S2 or none) that would be good. S0 is an older type of encryption that has a significant amount of overhead. Usually I pair things without any security at all but in the case of security devices I think S2 is probably the way to go. I'm thinking those two sirens may be ghosts resulting from an incomplete pairing. Do the sirens actually work if you trigger them from the devices page? If not they may be ghosts. If they are ghosts, you'll want to fix those before adding additional devices.

The way I was able to get my ring keypads to pair was to use the zWave smartStart process... it has been a while and I don't think I could give you solid advice but here's the documentation...

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Z-Wave_Manual#Z-Wave_Plus_SmartStart_devices_on_the_network

Thank you so much Brad5. Now I can see it on my devices.

Cool! Please do take a look at those two sirens though. They don't look right and I think they're likely to cause you issues down the road.

Those 2 sirens need removed and re paired. They are in effect ghosts and probably what was giving you a hard time in the first place. Your mesh will work intermittently until that is fixed. When re pairing them, do so with no security.

2 Likes

If memory serves me well, my Aeotec Gen 5 siren would only pair with security enabled on my C7 hub. I was able to use a secondary controller to pair the siren without security.

2 Likes

I purchased two V2 keypads in May 22'. The battery life is advertised to require a recharge every 10-12 months. My keypad battery life is very short; between 9 and 10 days. What gives? What am I doing wrong?

That is definitely not right. There are a number of things that could affect their battery life. Are you using them in any rules that generate excessive activity for the devices? And what does your zwave mesh look like? Have you got enough beaming repeaters?