Ring Alarm Motion Sensor G2

Hmm, when I activate HSM (armed night) the keypad sayes "armed" and the armed home icon turns red.
I cannot disable the alarm by keypad however.

When I arm from the keypad, it now starts counting down twice, and then stops.
The disarmed light remains on, and the countdown bar remains red.
In the logging ig now gives an error:

IMG-4108

Found something: when I toggle the switch to replace armed night with armed home to off, the alarm works.

When I try to arm away, no response from HSM.

1 Like

Well, that's unfortunate.. Looks like you found a bug.. I'll chase it down..

1 Like

Ok, I seem to be making a habit of finding defects.

Any news on the Ring motion sensor?
(got a box full of them that I want to implement)

I added a couple of new-in-box units and did not experience the same issue.. Still investigating why yours is acting differently.

Hmm, I do not know why, but the motion sensor started working spontaneous.
I did not re-pair or repair the network, and I'm a bit baffled why it started working.
The configure button is still not doing anything, and sabotage to the sensor is not gegistering.

Tried a second sensor, and this one has the same issue as the original. On pairing Hubitat thinks it is a contact sensor. I can manualy set it to the motion sensor, but also no motion registering.

Ha.. That sounds like a firmware bug.. Interesting..

Sounds like the EU fingerprint is slightly different.. I’ll update this for 2.2.9 so it will discover the correct device.

1 Like

Cool, thx.
If you need more data, PM me.

1 Like

@bcopeland Got a Ring Contact sensor G2 today.
It reports corrects and seems to work, but no configure button also.

Right.. this device is non-listening and as such can't have anything sent to it while it is sleepy.. There are checks in place when it enters a wakeup to make sure everything was initialized properly.

But the motion sensor G2 is LSS(FLiRS) so there is a configure button.. Are you still not seeing a configure button?

Nope, afraid not

Also, It detected tamper after a while. The physical sensr was stationary, and not opened.

Right.. Contact sensor has no configure button.. But the motion sensor G2 does..

And you said:

So do your motion sensors have configure buttons?

Only if you join them to Hubbitat, change the wrongly detected device template (motion, and rage extender are descovered as contact sensors) to "device", save, than change back to the correct ring motion device template.

Tried the same with the contact sensor, but no button apairs.

So it looks like there is a diference between the US and EU versions of the Ring sensors.
I'm guessing you are using the US versions to test and debug.

Right.. But, I’m going to add the EU fingerprints for 2.2.9. There is no differences between these.

1 Like

Just to chime in here.

I´m having very similar issues with my G2 motion sensor (bought in EU). Let me know if you need some info from a "second sample" otherwise I'll just wait for 2.2.9

Is it worth trying the Ring Motion Sensor G2 (EU) with 2.2.9? I din't see any changes to Ring -drivers in the changelogs?!

The Ring motion sensor now has the configure button, but the ring contactsensor lost it's configure button.
Both seem to work.