Ring Alarm Motion Sensor G2

Look at my screenshot, it is on higest lvl.

Sorry.. Thought I remembered it going to 10.. Ok.. With debug logging turned on try and trigger motion and screen shot the logs please

Walked in front of the sensor, waved while standing one meter from it. Not doing anything.

Looks like it is only reporting its version, and nothing else.

When I pair it to my old domotica controller, it seems to work like a charm.

Can you screen shot the device data section at the bottom of the driver page?

Note, I replaced the battery's even tho they say 100%.
It activeated again, stating there was motion and the device was in tempered mode.
Placed it back in its holder, but now it remains in "motion active" state...

It is almost like it is communicating when I "tinker" with it, but go's to sleep right after a few minutes.

Something fishy is going on with the association setup.. I’m checking into it now.. The log from when you hit configure didn’t show any association messages.

Cool, thx

Note that the sensor keeps reporting its battery level, but there it stops.

nb, Do you need my HubID, or can you see it in my profile?

Isolated z-wave logging when hitting repair:

So it looks like there is a reply.

No.. I suspect there is a driver issue that was introduced at some point and is only affecting newly installed devices.. I’m testing on an unopened unit..

2 Likes

Could it be that there is also an issue with the keypad v2 from Ring on new hubs?

When trying to activate the night-alarm mode, I'm getting:

2021-08-23 06:33:13.783 errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Integer) values: [2]
Possible solutions: take(int), wait(), any(), wait(long), wait(long, int), charAt(int) (method configure)

The keypad is also not responding to the current alarm state. So when HSM is activated, the keypad still shows HSM is disabled.

Any news on this issue?
I have a non functioning keypad, and a box full of sensors I cannot use atm.

Did you add the keypad into HSM?

Yes I did.
It worked fine a few builds back. Then i got a replacement hub under the protection program.
Re-added the keypad and added it to HSM. i can read the codes, but the rest is not responding.
So no setting alarm, parameters or anything. Looks a bit like the ring sensor issue I have.

Can you turn on debug logging and then arm / disarm from the keypad?

As a bit of an aside - has anybody found a way to get update firmware files from Ring for the G2 Motion sensor? It looks like you may have to buy the entire Ring Alarm system which would be quite disappointing. I think mine are all Version 1.09 and they seem to occasionally stop working, so I was hoping to be able to get an update.

Arming:

Disarming seems to create no logging.

So it looks like some commands are sendt, but HSM is not responding to the requests, and the keypad is not telling me that its arming and counting down.
Id did do so on my old hub.

Can you screenshot the HSM settings where the keypad is configured?