Rheem EcoNet Integration maintained by Kris Linquist

Ok! Sounds like its not encrypted by default for you (but here is how for your info)

Those errors are OK as long as it's working. I get the "timeout" one as well. I'll suppress the other one in a later release :).

1 Like

My ESPHome is not listed in that left menu. I have to go to the devices page to get to it. And I do not see the edit option anywhere else.

Hm. Well, if it's working, then don't worry about it :slight_smile:

Well I've been watching this thread for a while and finally bit the bullet and bought the hardware to implement this. Will give this all a go once the hardware arrives, hopefully I can sift through this thread and figure out how to install it (unless someone wants to write a quick and dirty guide :wink::wink::nudge::nudge:). Thanks to everyone involved!

Look 6 messages up ^^

Installation of the hardware can be found here.

And you use this page to configure it for your wifi

2 Likes

it was the easiest hardware I have ever programmed. click 3 buttons??
The hardest part was that I used a phone cable and my wires were the opposite order than his. He has a note about this. But I tried his direction first and then had to swap the order. Still, it was very easy!

With this code, do I need the ESPHome connected to Home Assistant? Or can I delete it from there?

Also, I can disable the Web connected driver you have written for Hubitat, right?

You can delete it from HA and remove the other driver.

Awesome! Mine is now in Canada. Just not sure where yet… :blush:

Toys have arrived.

1 Like

Received mine too. Took 15 mins to setup. Works great, except for the Vacation issue.

Any reason I can’t run HA and HE in parallel? Seems like that’s a problem sometimes but not others. I can never figure out which is which.

No problems running both with this integration.

1 Like

EDIT: Nevermind. I missed the little note about how both ends of the phone cable are terminated opposite. I used the wrong end on the first try

FINAL INSTALL - Working great!

No sure - maybe open a github issue with the ESP32 EcoNet repo.

He also has a discord

I just figured it out. There is a little note that I missed the first time explaining how both ends of a standard phone cable are terminated in opposite directions. I missed that and was using the wrong side of the cable. All is working on the HA side. Now time to see how the HE driver works.

This happened on mine as well. Apparently, if you don't already have the ESPHome add-on installed (on HA), this device will install and work fine without it and the connection isnt encrypted.

If you already had the ESPHome add-on installed before you installed the device, or if you install the add-on and then adopt the device into the ESPHome add-on, then the connection will be encrypted with an API key by default.

Curious if anybody is getting this warning:

warn[W][component:215]: Components should block for at most 20-30ms.
warn[W][component:214]: Component econet took a long time for an operation (0.05 s).

A lot of my EcoNet events are 50-100 ms. What might this indicate?

Also, @klinquist, wondering if you think controlling Vacation from this driver is in the cards? Because I use it when we are not at our second home, which is often. Or perhaps there is a workaround. Anyone know what Vacation mode actually does? I could set the Heat Setpoint to 110 degrees, which is the lowest it will go, but I get the sense that Vacation mode is still lower. I've looked for documentation on modes, but can't find any.

The EcoNet app and the supporting docs really blow.

I'm still a little unclear. If I purchase the M5 hardware do I need a home assistant installation to use it or you are working on the driver to make it work natively with HE direct? Love the idea of having local control.

HA not required. HE direct.

2 Likes

Hey Kris, @klinquist, not to nag :sunglasses: but wonder if you saw the two questions I posted 3 messages up?

TIA