Rheem EcoNet Integration maintained by Kris Linquist

I have power usage as part of the ESPHome implementation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the hardware to arrrive. I’ve got that itch. @klinquist, did you ever get Vacation mode working too?

I just got my M5 hardware today. I hope to get it setup asap...

I got my ESP M5 hardware connected with home assistant. Have you published a Hubitat driver? If so, I am willing to try it out.

1 Like

It appears the latest 1.0.6 HPM update is not loading. I got some error message that said I needed to check that the package was in use in devices. It seems unusual for HPM that I would have to delete the device to update the App/Driver. I tried an HPM Repair but got the same result.

LJ

Directions for M5 Hardware

Installation of the hardware can be found here .

And you use this page to configure it for your wifi

Then....

1. If you set up this device in HomeAssistant, edit the yaml for the ESPHome and remove the api: section. This removes the encryption.
  2. Paste this file into Libraries Code on your Hubitat: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/klinquist/hubitat-public/esphome-econet/ESPHome/ESPHome-API-Library.groovy
  3. Paste this file into Drivers Code on your Hubitat: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/klinquist/hubitat-public/esphome-econet/ESPHome/ESPHome-Rheem-Waterheater.groovy
  4. Devices -> Add Device -> Virtual -> ESPHome Rheem Water Heater, give it a name
  5. Find the device in your device list and add the ESPHome's IP address in the Preferences section. You should see the Current States populate within a few seconds.
    That should be it! Writing vacation mode still does not work, but everything else should...

Weird. Maybe you could try manually updating?

Go into Drivers Code, find the Rheem entry, paste this in and hit Save. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/klinquist/hubitat-rheem/main/drivers/Rheem_EcoNet_Water_Heater.groovy

OK, I know almost nothing about Home Assistant. Where do I get the ESPHome yaml code?

Without editing the Home Assistant Yaml code, it appears that I am communicating with the ESP and able to change states on the water heater. I am also getting updates from it. But I do have some messages in the log that appear there might be issues...

dev:992024-02-29 09:18:06.297 AMwarn[W][component:215]: Components should block for at most 20-30ms.
dev:992024-02-29 09:18:06.245 AMwarn[W][component:214]: Component econet took a long time for an operation (0.05 s).
dev:992024-02-29 09:17:36.987 AMwarnESPHome received unexpected message type #25 (expected #47)
dev:992024-02-29 09:17:36.956 AMwarnESPHome received unexpected message type #25 (expected #47)
dev:992024-02-29 09:17:36.922 AMwarnESPHome received unexpected message type #25 (expected #47)

Ok! Sounds like its not encrypted by default for you (but here is how for your info)

Those errors are OK as long as it's working. I get the "timeout" one as well. I'll suppress the other one in a later release :).

1 Like

My ESPHome is not listed in that left menu. I have to go to the devices page to get to it. And I do not see the edit option anywhere else.

Hm. Well, if it's working, then don't worry about it :slight_smile:

Well I've been watching this thread for a while and finally bit the bullet and bought the hardware to implement this. Will give this all a go once the hardware arrives, hopefully I can sift through this thread and figure out how to install it (unless someone wants to write a quick and dirty guide :wink::wink::nudge::nudge:). Thanks to everyone involved!

Look 6 messages up ^^

Installation of the hardware can be found here.

And you use this page to configure it for your wifi

2 Likes

it was the easiest hardware I have ever programmed. click 3 buttons??
The hardest part was that I used a phone cable and my wires were the opposite order than his. He has a note about this. But I tried his direction first and then had to swap the order. Still, it was very easy!

With this code, do I need the ESPHome connected to Home Assistant? Or can I delete it from there?

Also, I can disable the Web connected driver you have written for Hubitat, right?

You can delete it from HA and remove the other driver.

Awesome! Mine is now in Canada. Just not sure where yet… :blush:

Toys have arrived.

1 Like

Received mine too. Took 15 mins to setup. Works great, except for the Vacation issue.

Any reason I can’t run HA and HE in parallel? Seems like that’s a problem sometimes but not others. I can never figure out which is which.

No problems running both with this integration.

1 Like