[RETIRED] hubiVue iOS, Android, Amazon & Web Dashboard App

[12-Jan-23] hubiVue v1.4.0 Build 14079 has been released for all of the supported platforms (which is almost everything) :stuck_out_tongue:

This release contains Tab-Bar mode and ordered dashboards, Half height / scaled Tiles, Strong Auth login, and a Special Clock Tile plus the usual few Bugs squished.

1 Like

There is also a live demo on our website if you wish to play and see what hubiVue is all about before you connect to your hub...

3 Likes

Your dashboard app is really a game-changer! I appreciate that it runs 100% locally whenever possible, and offers just about the shallowest learning curve imaginable. Chef's kiss to the fast initial setup, auto-detection of Maker API settings, and silky smooth Guest dash-sharing utility.

The latest featureset you've added in v1.4 puts hubiVue on par with some of the better-known Web-based offerings, without duplicating things (like rules/logic/drivers/scripting) already furnished by the hub, nor demanding that users learn styling (like CSS!) just to make their dashboards look beautiful.

I've dabbled in almost all the extant DB apps, and found hubiVue to be extremely user-friendly and easy on the eye (not to mention the pocketbook). So thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

Is this run locally or on the cloud?

@tberty local using maker api but also can be used remotely

It's run locally on your phone via lan or if you're off your lan it will run through the cloud.

[3-Feb-23] hubiVue v1.4.3 Build 14100 has been released for all of the supported platforms (which is almost everything) :stuck_out_tongue:

This release contains an ultraTile™ for embedding dashboards and a simple HTML tile amongst many other cool features.

I'm quite dissapointed it won't work on my Atari 800 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

…hold my beer :beer:

2 Likes

[15-Feb-23] hubiVue v1.5.0 Build 15112 has been released for all of the supported platforms (which is almost everything) :stuck_out_tongue:

This release contains a few updates and bug fixes.

1 Like

I keep getting "Hub Offline" using the web app on Chrome within my network. It works correctly on my other devices which use the apps, just seems to be an issue with the web app. Any troubleshooting ideas?

1 Like

Almost always due to incorrect configuration of MakerAPI to support external websites like hubiVue - check the CORS settings as outlined here

https://community.hubivue.com/t/howto-install-hubitat-maker-api-correctly-for-hubivue/188

1 Like

That was it, I was missing the CORS settings. Thank you!

1 Like

I need to setup a dashboard for someone else. I have remote access to the hub but not local access. It looks like there is no possible way to start setting this up unless I have local access? I would prefer to do the setup myself. If this works out they will probably do the subscription.

The only option I can think of would be possibly I could screen share and setup a VPN I could join from my tablet, so I could log in the first time? Any other options?

You don’t need to be locally connected for the setup to work. You just must use the desktop or mobile app versions, and have the Maker API settings correct - it won’t be able to detect the MakerAPI settings automatically, but it won’t stop you from obtaining them yourself and entering them manually into the fields.

Ok I will give it a try, it is saying I must put in an IP, I will just put in the IP even though I cannot reach it from where I am. Thanks.

Yes, that’s part of having the MakerAPI settings being correct.

I've had a user showcase something truly amazing using the combination of hubiVue features and Rule Machine. Pretty clever stuff !! :sunglasses:

Wanted to try your dashboard, but after I get through all the steps and the app tries to "automake" my first dashboard, it just spins as if its trying to load but never does.