[RELEASE] Zooz Garage Door Opener

It did not initiate the door actually opening. It stayed closed after I closed it. Just reports as opened in dashboard and logs says it's opened.

Definitely really cold out here in great white north. Not particularly windy though. I get the potential expanding issue of wood. But as you can see in the picture, the 2 pieces of the samsung multi sensor are pretty close to each other.

That's a contact sensor for my meross GDO. That's my backup just in case hubitat fails. It's wifi only hence wanted something That's local such as zooz in hubitat.

Just started using the ZEN16 and this app, thanks for the app. and for the most part everything works great.

Now maybe Im misunderstanding the last line in the setup

" * If you want to use a siren/chime to play a sound while the door is moving you can use the opening/closing events of the child device for the start/stop triggers. The "Garage Door Operating Delay" setting allows you to delay turning on the relay to ensure that the siren/chime starts playing before the door starts moving."

but it looks like it says it has an option in the driver to turn on a warning siren/strobe device but I dont see it

I do think I could make a Rule Machine rule to do it (simple and basic rules dont seem to let me use the garage door change to turn on/off the signal device. and Rule Machine need s a lot of command which to me seem a little excessive. So Is there a way within the app to turn on/off the signal device similar to notify?

Thanks for any reply or direction

I think you need to use a RM or perhaps a simple automation rule. The app just has a delay that you can set and when the Garage door is in the opening or closing state you sound the alarm. It will stay in that state for the delay time you set. The RM rule I use is below this is for my shop. I have a siren that sounds very briefly and then I have a Alexa speaker that announces the door is closing. I don't announce anything when it's opening, only closing. It also has a provision to not sound the alarm if you manually open the door from the wall button or remote.

Thanks for the info and example. that's exactly what I am trying to do in my shop, and I like the added touch of an announcement over a device ( will use google home). now to figure out how to re-create what you have done I haven't played much with the new HE interface but I like it. But it would be simpler if with everything else the app can do, jus to add and announcement device for the delay period specified. similar to the device notification

I had the same exact issue this morning while bench testing prior to garage door installation. Spotty performance with the app, but 100% reliable within the device driver. I suspected an app timing race type issue since it was spotty. I fully solved this issue by selecting the “opening delay” to 1 second. I previously had it disabled. Now every test I’ve performed subsequently, and I’ve done dozens in a row, on the bench is responding normally without any failures. I now have confidence to install onto my garage door. Thanks for the app - I’m going to really like it.

1 Like

I have a recent thread trying to track down why my recently installed ZEN17 is super inconsistent with triggering the relay (as well as a recently opened ticket with Zooz). I wonder if you figured out the fix here with the 1 second delay.

I have found that LGK's app consistently works, and it may be due to the fact that part of his code defaults to a 2 second delay. Also, @velvetfoot stated a similar spotty experience coinciding with a recent Hubitat update, so perhaps this will fix the issue for them as well.

Thanks for sharing. The few times I've tested it have worked so far.

I'm using this app and driver with my new ZEN16 relay. However, if I use this driver "Zooz Garag Door" the relays don't trigger from the child device control page or the virtual garage door created by the App.
If I change the driver to the default "Zooz MultiRelay" then the relays are responding to on and off commands. Thoughts?

You do not use the driver included with this app on the actual ZEN16, it is only used to create a virtual garage door by the app, that the app controls. Then you can put that virtual device on a dashboard or share to other integrations as a door. You do not need to interact with the ZEN16 or sensor independently anymore, if you want to the door to open, call "open" on the virtual door created by the app.

1 Like

I had this set up for 2 years and it’s still working. About a year ago, I added Hoobs on RaspPI and I am using Homekit and it worked great.

I see open/closed icon on the Homekit and it open or closed with slider bar.

But about 4 or so month ago, I am seeing a delay notification from Homekit that the Garage door is closed. It would be delayed anywhere from. 5 minutes to as long as 30 minutes.

Sometime it notify instantly but most time it is delayed notifying me on iPhone that it closed.

Any idea what may be causing the notification delay? I do have a tilt sensor installed on garage door and zooz relay is also in garage plugged into outlet so it should repeat the zwave to hub just fine right?

The opening and closing still work great and is still instant at the press of button. It the Homekit notification that is delayed.

Have you checked the event log for the tilt sensor? Is the status delayed there or only in Homekit?
Also check the event log for the virtual garage door device, as I assume that is what is shared to Homekit. Look for the 'contact' events.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I didn’t think about checking the logs.

I’ll do that.

I have my garage door all set up with the ZEN Multirelay per the instructions, and everything is working great -- almost. I have installed the Zooz garage door app and driver from @krlaframboise , as well as, the Google Home Integration from @mbudnek. Here is what works and doesn't:

1. Open/close using the button on the wall - PERFECT
  2. Open/close using the Hubitat dashboard - PERFECT
  3. Checking open/close status on the Hubitat dashboard - PERFECT
  4. Open/close with voice to Google Home assistant - PERFECT
  5. Checking open/close status with voice to Google Home assistant - FAIL (Google always says that the door is closed regardless of actual status)

Here are the logs from me checking the door status with Google Home Assistant with the door in the OPEN state.

[debug](http://x.x.x.x/logs#){"requestId":"16417225924679626961","payload":{"devices":{"34":{"openPercent":0,"status":"SUCCESS"}}}}
[debug](http://x.x.x.x/logs#){"inputs":[{"intent":"action.devices.QUERY","payload":{"devices":[{"id":"34"}]}}],"requestId":"16417225924679626961"}

Here is some weirdness that occurs in the logs when I give the command to open (or close):

debug{"requestId":"12221635278891870338","payload":{"commands":[{"status":"PENDING","ids":["34"],"states":{"online":true,"openPercent":100}}]}}
debugDevice Garage Door not ready, moving to PENDING
debugGarage Door: Expected value test returned false for attribute Open with value null
debugGarage Door: Expected value test returned false for attribute Open with value null
debugPolling device attributes for 1000 ms
debugChecking MFA for Open command
debug{"inputs":[{"context":{"locale_country":"US","locale_language":"en"},"intent":"action.devices.EXECUTE","payload":{"commands":[{"devices":[{"id":"34"}],"execution":[{"command":"action.devices.commands.OpenClose","params":{"followUpToken":"00f38e7","openPercent":100}}]}]}}],"requestId":"12221635278891870338"}

Any ideas? The ZSE43 Tilt/Shock sensor always reports the proper status of the door but for some reason that doesn't get properly pushed to Google.

That looks like an issue with your Google Home Community config. It looks like you have the "Open/Close Attribute" setting set to "Open", but for a garage door that will probably be something like "door" or "contact". On the device page it should be the name of one of the entries under the "Current States" header.

Perfect! I knew it would be something simple. Thanks.

I've used the Zooz multirelay and Zooz app for quite some time -- works great. I've noticed, however, that the following edge-cases create problems:

• if the door is "opening", and a open command is issued, the garage door closes.
  • if the door is "closing", and a close command is issued, the garage door opens.

Huh? Weird. FWIW if the first command is automated and the second is physical, the problem does NOT occur. This problem occurs only when the second command is automated irrespective of whether the first was physical or system-generated.

And truthfully, 90%+ of the time it doesn't matter. The real problem typically occurs when a member of the family, often just out of habit, manually presses the garage door opener right before some automation commands the door. This double-command essentially reverses the movement. e.g., Manual Open followed by Automate Open produces a Close, which can create mayhem.

I've been able to duplicate this easily. I've tried problem solving with the Auto Off timer in the app and the switch type in the device driver, but I haven't figured out the formula for success. Clearly, I could manage this at the app level by preventing garage door commands while the door is moving, but before I do that, I'm wondering if there's a better way.

Ideas?

Not really. Think about a normal one button garage door opener. If it's in motion and you tap the button it will go in the opposite direction.

That is probably the only way, by adding a check if the door is already "opening" and open is pushed, then ignore it, and same for closing/close. Open and close both send the same momentary button push signal to the operator which is why it will reverse the direction on some doors (on mine it will stop first then another push will reverse it).

Depending on your open/close sensor, you still could run into an issue if you close it via a traditional GD remote. The hub may not know right away the door is moving if you use a top mounted tilt sensor (most common setup). While the sensor is still horizontal if you send closed on the hub end it would send another signal causing the door to stop (or reverse).

Perhaps so. But still, I would think that the driver would intercept the momentary push and not allow the garage to do the opposite of the command. Seems neither safe, nor logical. But perhaps I'm missing it.

yeah that's what I'm doing, thanx