[RELEASE] Zipato Z-Wave RFID Keypad

Hi guys,

I have ported over the smartthings device handler for the Zipato Z-Wave RFID Keypad originally written by SEAN BLANCHFIELD.

Big thanks to @mike.maxwell and @cometfish for filling in the blanks in my groovy knowledge. Please feel free to try out the driver and let me know where I can improve my code. I am a groovy beginner, others out there may well be able to tidy the code up.

7 Likes

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for your great work on this driver, as the other keypads are no longer available this Is a great replacement. :smiley::smiley::smiley:

I am having some problems, can you help?

I have only 1 tag at the moment and that Is paired with the device and works fine.

What I can't do Is add users or user codes.

Here as some screen grabs of hopefully useful information.

Thanks

Kev

Hi @Kev

Your logs are showing the tamper switch being operated. On the back of the device there is a small switch which opens when the back is removed. If this switch is not closed then it will not pair new keyfobs.

1 Like

Yes that's correct, I tried to set things up with both the back on and off.

ok, great.

You need to enter the manual code each time to assign a keyfob, so press home, enter the manual code, press enter. Then press home, put the keyfob next to the keypad, you then need to click the assign button on the driver window.

I have managed to assign all my keyfobs this way.

That's all fine and I have one key fob working correctly(2 more due this Saturday).
What I can't achieve is being able to enter user codes to arm or disarm the device.

ah, ok I have not tried that. I had to mess around a lot with the Z-Wave data as the hubitat built in parsing was not getting all the data. I probably need to do the same with the user codes. I'll have a look into it when I get the time but won't be for while, sorry

Much appreciated

Did you got this working correctly?

No, the driver needs more work and that's beyond me sorry.

thaks I hope someone from hubitat team realice we need a driver for this divice.
Since there is not a silgle z-wave keypad working with it, Hubitat's alarm fiture is usless for z-wave users.

Well, that's not true. We just am/disarm in different ways.

This keypad Is the only one I know of that's available In the UK, I thought I read In a post somewhere that HE had acquired one of these devices and would produce a DH in due course, but that was a while ago :cry:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.