Key fob recommendations

Any key fob suggestions ?

How about this mate?

It’s also in the US I believe. I have one, works very well.

How are you using it with HE ?

Is it fully compatible with hubitat? Does it need additional driver or is it natively supported?

1 Like

Community driver mate.
My mother in law is using it as we are away.
She arrives (HSM is set to delay for one minute), she presses “home” and scans the tag. Then when she leaves, she hits “away” and scans the tag again. HSM is armed one minute after :+1:

I also have the cleaner use it, even if I’m home so it changes to “cleaning in progress” and stops a lot of automations whilst she cleans (like when she cleans my dash tablets, she’d set all sorts off if I didn’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Yeah community driver.

1 Like

How are you linking the RFID to HE ?

It’s Z-wave, only the use of the tags is RFID.

interesting

1 Like

Haha thats amazing :smiley: Thanks a lot for tips, I will definitely look into that :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Iris v2 key fob is fully supported by a built in driver. And available on eBay for only $20. This one is a 4 button controller.

Watch out because eBay has a bunch of gen 2 care pendants but only gen 1 (alertme.com) care pendents are supported by the built in driver.

The Fibaro keyfob is z-wave and has a lot more buttons...but it's a lot more expensive. Also supported by built-in drivers. This one is a z-wave button controller.

And

1 Like

Are you lookiin for keypads or keyfobs?

I wonder if anyone got this working under HE

Yeah I have two :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How do they act with HE ? Can you leave the house with it and come back later and it connects fast enough to be usable ?

TBH I’ve never left the house with it. I should really give that a try lol.

1 Like

Please do and let me know the results :slight_smile:

1 Like

I've been using one of these for years, it's pretty good and connects almost immediately when I'm back in Z-Wave range. It's actually a really advanced fob, you can even make it act as a Z-wave controller. Only problem is the battery life. You can only get around 3-5 months if you actually use it as a keyfob,

I think they have an updated minimote that has a rechargeable 2450 battery, but it's a bigger unit.

2 Likes

A non issue for me.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks !