[RELEASE] WeatherFlow Lite

Debug logging should turn off after 30 mins, but message logging can remain on. You should be able to turn it on manually.

1 Like

Thanks, what is message loging? I don't see an option

Ahh, thought it was in there. He only has debug logging turned on. Message logging is likely on but not controlled. @augoisms want to chime in here? As said though debug logging automatically turns off after 30 mins.

I've started getting the same error.

I sent a pull request to fix these

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/augoisms/hubitat/8a2e836e4b412411f16f22a916006b03e8e43c8b/weatherflow/weatherflow.driver.groovy

2 Likes

@augoisms @nh.schottfam I too am getting the same errors. (I am running beta hubitat though if that makes a diff)

Same here.

So is this with the released code or the pull request? I can look at it if it is the pull request.

Release. I can install the pull request and see how it does...

Just pushed an update with @nh.schottfam 's fixes and dewpoint addition. Thank you for the contribution!

@rlithgow1 @imbeta Debug logging is purposefully disabled after 30 minutes to reduce load on the system. There are no other settings for logging at this time.

2 Likes

Love this driver; thanks for providing. Two quick questions:

1. How often is it updating temperature?
  2. Is it possible to get temperature displayed with a digit in the 10ths place? E.g., "96.8" instead of "97"?

@aunsafe2015

1. This is controlled by the "Publish Rate" setting. Changes are immediately received by the driver, but publish rate controls how often the Hubitat attributes are updated. You can change the rate "Real Time" if you wish to have instant updates.
  2. Yes, disable the "Reduce Resolution" setting. You will get 2 decimals.
1 Like

Thank you!

My device seems to go offline every few weeks, always when I'm travelling. I'm setup to where my Hubitat can cycle my internet if it goes out but I can't seem to find a way to get a value on my Tempest on if it's connected or not. Anything anyone can think of?

To be clear my device stays connected to my network but it loses it's connection to the internet somehow. A quick power cycle resolves it.

@user2927 I can't think of anything unfortunately. I would reach out to Weatherflow customer support. I did see a couple instances on their forum of people having wifi issues. It's possible you have a defective hub.

There is a ping app (Web Pinger) that you could use that periodically can be set to send a ping to an IP address. After configurable number of failures it can be used to trigger an action. You would need to set up your weatherflow hub to a static IP address. Then periodically ping that with the app. If it fails you could then power cycle it.

Thanks for the driver! I have a voice announce every hour that includes "chance of rain" if >20%. However, seems the only attribute I know to use is for the daily forecast. Any way to get the "precip_probability" for the hour? I guess that would be something like "Current Hour Chance Precipitation".

From my following this driver and the related REST one, my understanding is that this information you desire is available from the API. But it dumps a ton of info and makes parsing heavy. So especially for this driver which is designed to be lite, it’s been deemed to not fit well with it. If anyone has interest in developing a “heavy” version of the driver, you could get it! I may have an interest in it and develop it come spring, so that I can proactively park my robot mower if rain chances creep above 80-90%.

EDIT: Well the hourly forecast might not actually be available via websocket, so definitely wouldn’t come to this driver if that’s the case since it used the websocket API. I know it’s available from the REST API though.

@JustinL You are correct, that information doesn't come down the websocket.

@jk12 You might try the other weatherflow driver that polls the API. It has a Today Chance Precipitation attribute.

[PROJECT] Driver for WeatherFlow API

Apparently I'm slow....how do I set this up? Checked for basic newb documentation and didn't find any. I installed via HPM but don't see an app or a device. If I go to 'uninstall' in HPM it's there. Tried to add device and search for 'WeatherFlow' and 'Tempest', no results. What am I missing?

Thank you for all your work putting this together!