I have had an Alarm integration for my Visonic alarm in ST for a few years now, and I have finally moved it over to Hubitat properly (now that I have a device to test with!). At the same time I have merged all changes to support the following:
- Powermax / Powermaster Visonic alarms, this was the starting point, and it supports most of these models fine apart from the newest Powermaster models. If you have a really old Powermax+ alarm then you may need an Arduino addition (see the ST post below for more information)
- Elk alarm integration (I know there is already an alternative integration, but this version would allow you to integrate without the M1XEP since it can interface with the serial directly).
- Interlogix / Networx Alarm integration that was built by LeeFL on top of the integration that I had for Visonic (since there was less ST development needed then).
All should install cleanly with two device handlers and I have tested it to be working well. It includes the following features:
- Ability to control HSM if you enable it in the settings (it is only one way, so changing HSM will not change the alarm)
- All zones broken out to separate child devices, which are easy to integrate with
- All outputs (if your alarm supports them) are broken out to separate child devices
- Three child devices are created allowing you to arm/disarm the alarm using these devices. They appear as switches, but they act like buttons (i.e. you turn it on and it turns itself back off a few seconds later, and triggers an action at the same time) - done this way so if something doesnt refresh properly you can be confident that the alarm will act on your action even if it thinks it is is the wrong state.
- Key alarm status messages are stores as easy access attributes, so they can be displayed on a dashboard (see screenshot below - create an 'Attribute tile' for the alarm device and then choose the attribute you want to display in the dropdown)
- All commands can be run through button events - you can create a 'button tile' in Hubitat dashboards, then in the 'button number' field you should enter the command you want to run (e.g. AlarmArmAway or refresh or ESPRestart ....etc. Now when pushing this button it will call the relevant function.
I have stored the device handler on Github with instructions on setup here - Github Link.
I have also set up the device handlers on the excellent Hubitat Package Manager so it is a super quick installation from there, followed by creating a virtual device and adding the IP address.
As with ST I am still selling pre-programmed devices here, so you can setup the integration yourself super quickly - Online shop
Finally here is a link to my original ST thread, since there is loads of useful debugging/setup help there.
These are contact/switch template tiles for each of the zones, switch template tiles for the arm/disarm controls, and attribute template tiles (of the parent alarm device) for the status messages. HSM tile is the default HSM template.
Thoughts, improvements, requests and feedback welcome! Also donations link, as requested.