[RELEASE] Tuya Scene Switch TS004F driver (w/ healthStatus)

Hey Krassimir, I tried enabling Advanced mode and setting the battery reporting to 4 hours but my devices would report every 12 minutes. I had not noticed until the batteries died on two of these a few days later.

With fresh batteries I tried setting it back to the default value, doing a configure and refresh and no change to the reporting interval.

Finally, to fix it I had to delete the devices from my network and re-join them (leaving driver at defaults) and all seems to be O.K. now.

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of the Device Details, Data section? I can check if there are any known specifics for this particular device manufacturer.

Here it is.

It's not a problem for me, I just wanted to post the steps I took to reset the device and avoid the battery drain in the even someone else has the same experience.

Before the reset the device was reporting battery level every 12 minutes. Now it's every 4 hours.

1 Like

@kkossev

I just used your driver to install my Moes (_TZ3000_kjfzuycl) ZigBee Smart Switch, One-Key Control Multi-Scene button. Installed first try and is working flawlessly for me. You're truly a huge asset to the Hubitat community. Thanks again for all your time and hard work!

2 Likes

Just wondering if this experimental driver supports Zigbee groups for all the various button controllers you support in this thread or just the Tuya Smart knob?

Also, when I purchased the Osram Smart+ Mini Switch back in Sept 2022 - I received the Osram Smart+ 4 button switch.

EDIT: I see now on Amazon that there two versions; a mini switch (3 button) and a 4 button square "switch" version.

Device details

Standard switch version

Maybe worth updating details for this version as well.

Hello @kkossev , I received a Tuya 2 button and it joined fine & works however it is a new manufacturer. I added the fingerprint to your driver on my hub. It takes 2 cheap AAA batteries and is reporting reliably over 1 day

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0001,0006,E000,0000", outClusters:"0019,000A", model:"TS0042", manufacturer:"_TZ3000_kt7obmnn", deviceJoinName: "Tuya 2 button Scene Switch" // not tested

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805399640383.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.41.2e0f1802fSGZe5&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
: careful there are 2 versions WiFi & Zigbee

2 Likes

Hello - I'm relatively new to Hubitat. I've had a Home Assistant network up and running for a while. I got the Hubitat a few months ago and added 4 switched outlets, then exposed them to HA. That's all working fine.

Now I am trying to add a Moes 4-button wireless switch (TS004F) in Hubitat, then want to expose it to HA. (I've had this switch working directly in HA, but I want to add it through Hubitat instead - the Hubitat is much closer to the switch than my new HA setup).

I was able to install this driver and update it to the most current version and connect the Moes. When I push a button, I see it show up in the logs.

Here is where I get stuck - I don't know how to either configure the switch in Hubitat (tell Hubitat what to do when I single press button 1, or double press button 4, etc.) or expose it to HA.

Any advice on how to do either of those things? The more detail, the better :wink:

Thanks!

Add the built-in Button Controllers app.

Thank you! I knew I was missing something simple. That worked.

I also figured out how to expose the switch to HA. Open Apps > Maker API , then click in the Select Devices box. It doesn't look like you should click there to add devices, but that's where it is. Then over in HA, you can either rebook HA or open the Hubitat integration, click Configure, then HA will see the new device.

2 Likes

@kkossev,
Just wondering if you've done any further updates for the Tuya smart knob?
I have bought a few as these are a great backup option if the zigbee network is down and I can still operate my lights :smile:
It is working okay, but I have some issues where the dimmer levels are not updated and/or the switch status is wrong.
Any guidance will be appreciated, thanks.

Are you using the new driver "Zigbee Button Dimmer" from the third post in this thread?

Yes, please see below.
Living room dimmer - I am getting issues with lights levels i.e. not reflected by changing the dimmer up/down (generic ZigBee bulb)
Hallway dimmer is working perfect - not sure if this is because I am using a Phillips hue bulb with Jonathan's driver?

Living room dimmer 1

Hallway

1 Like

Can you first update it to the latest version (from today.. ) - there area lot of changes in the code result of adding a bunch of IKEA dimmers .. (I am asking for some free testing here! :slight_smile: )

This is to be expected, if the device whose brightness level is controlled by Zigbee Group broadcast does not send back to the hub the changed level. And I think that most of the dimmers and Zigbee bulbs do not send the changed status back (including the on/off status).

Most probably, the Philips Hue bulb is sending back the changed status to the hub. And Jonathan's driver enabled the status reporting for the Hue bulbs.

1 Like

Thanks - I have updated to the latest driver.

driver

The good thing is that the on/off status is working for all my bulbs.
I think I had to adjust the setting "show group state in group device" to get it to work.
However, one thing that puzzles me is that I have two identical bulbs (non Hue) in the living room, one bulb is correctly showing on/off and level adjustments and one bulb does not show level adjustments and stuck on one value.
Note that I also messed about with different drivers and settled with "Generic ZigBee Dimmer" driver.

Living room bulb using Generic Zigbee Dimmer driver

@kkossev,
Just seen these warning messages today, not sure what this means?

Summary

dev:21752023-09-25 08:47:29.118 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:42:57.787 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:41:36.650 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:40:28.226 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:37:50.717 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:35:42.138 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:22:03.540 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:20:56.299 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:19:38.301 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:15:28.057 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

It's a forgotten debug line, will remove it in the next update. Ignore this warning for now.

BTW, the latest version of the "Zigbee Button Dimmer " driver (link in the third post) now supports a bunch of IKEA buttons and dimmers... In my opinion, IKEAS gadgets are much better in terms of response times if compared to Tuya buttons... Do you have any IKEA buttons to try?

1 Like

Not all bulbs and dimmers will report back to the Zigbee coordinator (the HE hub) when the on/off or the level was changed using Zigbee Group broadcasts... Seems that the Hue bulbs are reporting the changed state back, but other devices do not. This is one negative effect for some devices - the changed state will not be updated at the hub.

1 Like

Thanks - I purchased several Tuya dimmers at Aliexpress when they were discounted for about $9/$10, inc shipping. I like the feature that they can control the bulb even when the hub is down, if the IKEA controllers supports this feature then I will get some.

1 Like

I see this behavior too. same behavior occurs on two different switches of the same model. I get two push events 1 second apart from one physical button push.

it's labeled as a
MOES Wireless Scene Switch 2313
Model NO ESW-0ZAA-EU

driver
ver. 2.6.5 2023-05-15