[RELEASE] Tuya Scene Switch TS004F driver (w/ healthStatus)

Add the built-in Button Controllers app.

Thank you! I knew I was missing something simple. That worked.

I also figured out how to expose the switch to HA. Open Apps > Maker API , then click in the Select Devices box. It doesn't look like you should click there to add devices, but that's where it is. Then over in HA, you can either rebook HA or open the Hubitat integration, click Configure, then HA will see the new device.

2 Likes

@kkossev,
Just wondering if you've done any further updates for the Tuya smart knob?
I have bought a few as these are a great backup option if the zigbee network is down and I can still operate my lights :smile:
It is working okay, but I have some issues where the dimmer levels are not updated and/or the switch status is wrong.
Any guidance will be appreciated, thanks.

Are you using the new driver "Zigbee Button Dimmer" from the third post in this thread?

Yes, please see below.
Living room dimmer - I am getting issues with lights levels i.e. not reflected by changing the dimmer up/down (generic ZigBee bulb)
Hallway dimmer is working perfect - not sure if this is because I am using a Phillips hue bulb with Jonathan's driver?

Living room dimmer 1

Hallway

1 Like

Can you first update it to the latest version (from today.. ) - there area lot of changes in the code result of adding a bunch of IKEA dimmers .. (I am asking for some free testing here! :slight_smile: )

This is to be expected, if the device whose brightness level is controlled by Zigbee Group broadcast does not send back to the hub the changed level. And I think that most of the dimmers and Zigbee bulbs do not send the changed status back (including the on/off status).

Most probably, the Philips Hue bulb is sending back the changed status to the hub. And Jonathan's driver enabled the status reporting for the Hue bulbs.

1 Like

Thanks - I have updated to the latest driver.

driver

The good thing is that the on/off status is working for all my bulbs.
I think I had to adjust the setting "show group state in group device" to get it to work.
However, one thing that puzzles me is that I have two identical bulbs (non Hue) in the living room, one bulb is correctly showing on/off and level adjustments and one bulb does not show level adjustments and stuck on one value.
Note that I also messed about with different drivers and settled with "Generic ZigBee Dimmer" driver.

Living room bulb using Generic Zigbee Dimmer driver

@kkossev,
Just seen these warning messages today, not sure what this means?

Summary

dev:21752023-09-25 08:47:29.118 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:42:57.787 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:41:36.650 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:40:28.226 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:37:50.717 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:35:42.138 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:22:03.540 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:20:56.299 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:19:38.301 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

dev:21752023-09-25 08:15:28.057 AMwarnTuya smart knob (hallway) _THREE_STATE=true settings?.threeStateEnable=false

It's a forgotten debug line, will remove it in the next update. Ignore this warning for now.

BTW, the latest version of the "Zigbee Button Dimmer " driver (link in the third post) now supports a bunch of IKEA buttons and dimmers... In my opinion, IKEAS gadgets are much better in terms of response times if compared to Tuya buttons... Do you have any IKEA buttons to try?

1 Like

Not all bulbs and dimmers will report back to the Zigbee coordinator (the HE hub) when the on/off or the level was changed using Zigbee Group broadcasts... Seems that the Hue bulbs are reporting the changed state back, but other devices do not. This is one negative effect for some devices - the changed state will not be updated at the hub.

1 Like

Thanks - I purchased several Tuya dimmers at Aliexpress when they were discounted for about $9/$10, inc shipping. I like the feature that they can control the bulb even when the hub is down, if the IKEA controllers supports this feature then I will get some.

1 Like

I see this behavior too. same behavior occurs on two different switches of the same model. I get two push events 1 second apart from one physical button push.

it's labeled as a
MOES Wireless Scene Switch 2313
Model NO ESW-0ZAA-EU

driver
ver. 2.6.5 2023-05-15

The dev. branch version (link on the second post) is updated to 2.6.8

It allows configuring of the debounce timer. The hardcoded value was 1000ms, but it still can be low for some environments where the switch may communicate to the hub via one or more repeaters in unstable conditions.

'disabled' turns off the debouncing functionality.

2 Likes

Just noticing now the built in "Tuya Zigbee Scene Switch". seems to be working ok for me now. It you even mention in your notes to use it. I am not even sure how I got to use yours. Anyway, I needed one more fix to get your driver to work consistently with the TS0044. I put in a PR for the change.

As I don't have all the devices and can't always test the code changes, I usually first apply the new code to the development branch version only. So, the new 'Debouncing' wasn't available in the main branch version of the driver.

Today I merged the latest changes into the 'production' branch that is also pushed for an update via HPM.

Hubitat inbuilt "Tuya Zigbee Scene Switch" works fine with some of the Tuya TS0044 models.
Here Tuya made a big mess, using one and the same model name for two different devices types :

• TS0044 scene switch - supports only singe, double and held (actually - released!) key presses. These devices will work with the HE inbuilt driver and do not need debouncing.
  • TS0044 scene switch and dimmer controller - has two operational modes, similar to TS004F models. In the 'dimmer' mode the device uses Zigbee Group broadcasts to control the linked Zigbee dimmers/bulbs in the same Zigbee group. These devices require the custom driver to be properly initialized in 'scene' mode. Some need the debouncing option enabled, some do not.

So, actually, the model TS0044 or TS004F does not determine what kind of device it is and how it will behave... What matters is the manufacturer Id, and there are too many different manufacturers ( this driver has the fingerprints of 11 different TS0044 manufacturers, for sure there are more).

2 Likes

Just as a data point, all my double taps stopped working with either version ver. 2.6.8 (or 2.6.7). Disabling the debouncing returned it to expected behaviour.

1 Like

Sounds like a bug... : (
What is your device model and manufacturer?

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 42
  • batteryType: CR2430 3V
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_wkai4ga5
  • model: TS0044

Moe's
Model number on back of device ESW-OZAA-EU

@kkossev,
I can confirm that I have the same button controller and experiencing delayed response to button presses. Disabling denouncing seems to fix the issue.
1 sec denouncing on another controller, Lightify, seems to be unaffected.

Moes 4 button controller - delayed response

Lightify controller - unaffected

EDIT: Had to disable debouncing on the Lightify controller as the controller stopped responding.

Hi @kkossev,
I have been using the TS004F Moes scene switches since April 2022.
They have worked fine until a few days ago. I see that the driver was updated and the debounce options are listed in the device.
If I set any debounce option the device will work once but if I press it again within 5 or 10 seconds it may or may not work. Multiple pushes of the same button don't toggle the device unless I wait longer or maybe push another button.
If I disable debounce I get multiple on/off signals.

Thanks for any help.

Steve
Moes Model is ESW-OZBA-EU

Driver version: