[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

They are. The error is thrown right when I click the button to use custom colors. Just lost a second tile the same way. I'll go back and try setting custom colors again. I know I didn't choose any for the bottom items like voltage, temp < etc. Do I need to do ALL?

I'm thinking I DO need to fill in ALL colors. Seems to be working ok now - sorry Bryan.

No problem at all. Just a heads up though, don't go too crazy making tiles just yet. Either tonight or tomorrow I'm putting out a new version making the old ones obsolete.

1 Like

Good news indeed. Be watching for it.

Alright, here we go! This is a huge update, install this from GitHub just like you would a brand new app. Do not overwrite your existing Tile Master app. This will install as Tile Master 2. The two version are not compatible. To use the new features, all tiles will need to be remade in the new version, Tile Master 2.

Once loaded, you'll see the familiar look and feel of Tile Master with a ton of new options! Please see the first post to see all the features.

Parent:
V2.0.7 - 02/12/20 - Added default color codes

Child:
V2.1.6 - 02/11/20 - BIG changes - Streamlined code, reduced by over 1000 lines! (Wow!)

Driver:
Hasn't changed

Bryan, how hard would it be to be able to set the color of a value from RM or from a command you made available or even from another attribute (in your device or an external device) ? Rather than by a devices displayed value.

I might for example like to change the text ‘Tel Calls Received’ from grey to red if any had arrived whilst I was away from the house, not displaying a number of calls that I could trigger off.

I’m thinking it’s not that easy - if you want full flexibility on all sections.

If I'm following you correctly, you can do this now.

• Select the device and Attribute to track
  • turn on 'Hide Attribute Value'
  • further down, turn on 'Use custom colors on device value'
  • also turn on 'Change the colors of device value or entire cell'

Now the cell will change colors based on the value without actually showing the value. You can also add whatever text you want in the box instead of the value.

I seem to have a knack for breaking things.....

lol, that's okay. I would need to see a debug log of it happening though to have any idea of what's going on.

Ahh OK useful , I didn’t realise I could hide the value so yes that would solve the example I posted. I actually wanted to post various temperature values that changed blue green yellow amber red in various stages of heating - like the hot water temp for example . I haven’t used custom colours I’ll take a look if it supports a few steps,

Currently I have my MQTT virtual text device that I can directly post html to to achieve this but it is a single value for display. Your multi section would be a far more flexible choice.

For temps and battery, you can set the high/low values and then the color to display when too high, in between and too low.

So 3 steps.. that’s probably enough for my needs ..thanks.

1 Like

In the parent app, complete the 'Color and Level Options' section and hit 'done'.

I just updated the parent app to make it clear to complete that section before making any child apps.

Thanks

New Version on Github...

Parent:
V2.0.8 - 02/12/20 - Cosmetic changes

Looks to me llike you have already supplied defaults for all the choices. o I just need to hit DONE to confirm them?

yes, change up whatever you like and then hit 'done' to save them.

Maybe I better start from scratch and delete the two TM2 drivers and remove the TM2 App and try from the beginning.

No crashes - but it is very difficult to stay within the 1024 char limit. The character modifiers are nice. The minimum table width of 100 x 9 lines would be 900 characters before you do anything. Could the minimum of 100 characters per line be reduced? Very nice work Bryan.

This is hard coded by the Hubitat team. Nothing any of us can do about it. It is mentioned in the first post here and in the version notes within the app.

Minimum characters per line is only 45 characters before adding anything. This is the code needed to create the html table. Adding in any 'options' will raise this number as noted within the app, options are expensive (to character count)!

Thanks!

Hi @bptworld. I'm just starting to have a play with Tile Master 2 which seems to offer some really useful options - thanks very much for it.

One thing I am currently struggling with is the
"Text Color (Black = Default) ie. Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Orange, Red, Yellow, White*" option.

Does that mean that if you enter nothing the text will be Black, or if I type "Black" in here does that take it to be the default color for the app or the default setting somewhere else?

The reason I ask is that when I have "Black" as text colour, the sample tile in the app shows the text as a very dark grey but my actual dashboard display for the tile has it as white. Any other color gives me what I expect, but "black" gives me white on the dashboard.

EDIT.

Also if you have "change the colour of the entire cell" option active, I was expecting it to change the color of the actual text itself whereas it seems to change the color of the background instead. Is that as intended?

Whether you type in Black or just leave it blank, the text will be black. The app won't use the style text-color at all when making the tile, so it won't count towards the character count.

If you are seeing white on the actual dashboard, then something within the Dashboard is over writing the tile. Which would make since because I'm not using the text-color attribute in the code when black is selected.

Hope this helps

BTW, this will be coming this week... :wink:

1 Like