[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

I am going crazy trying to get a wLink to work to site https://dashboard.airthings.com/

All I get is a null link that fails to bad IP address.

Screenshot 2022-10-14 085713

Can someone show me an example? I did search this thread and everything I try just won't work.

Noob here. I'm trying to add custom icons support for 3 lock states of my Switchbot smart lock:

• unlocked
  • jammed

Is there a workaround for the 2 value limitation?

Welcome to Hubitat!

Nope, only supports two icons per attribute. Designed to handle the most common pairs, on/off, wet/dry, open/closed, etc.

Thanks @bptworld! Great set of apps by the way. With the devices I have, Tile Master is really one I use the most.

Btw, I enabled control of the lock attribute of my device and I can successfully lock/unlock it.
However, the maker URL always gets opened in a new window/tab after clicking on the tile. this happens either in desktop dashboard or mobile app. Did I miss any configuration?

Click the BIG grey box... "Important Information regarding the Virtual Device". Scroll to the bottom and flip the switch.

Thanks! fixed the new window opening behavior.

1 Like

you could look to have 2 icons. 1 being the locked/unlocked, and the second icon being something like an exclamation point for jammed. this way it stands out and also shows you the "current" status at all times

if you don't want the little bot on the bottom of a single tile, you can create a blank tile with just the iframe, and hide it behind other tiles :wink:

1 Like

not sure how to implement this though as the bot gives three distinct text values: "locked", "unlocked", "jammed". as far as I know, the text value you put in the custom icon field has to be the exact text value.
would be great if this can be done. i observed that if the text value provided by the bot doesn't match any of the custom icon texts, the tile will display "unknown".

ahhh, that stinks that it puts it in the same value. that definitely throws a wrench into that plan.

the only thing i could think of would be to use a virtual device and have that change/mirror based on the actual device, but that'll be more work than it should be

I've added the bundles: NormalStuffLibrary & TileMaster. When I add the device and select Attribute then Pick an Attribute I don't see 'bpt-xxxxxx'. Is there another zip bundle needed?

First you need to set up TileMaster. Once you have a working example within the app...

Understood. Is there a FAQ on how to setup the app after it's been added to the "Apps" list? I'm assuming this needs to be configured before adding the Attribute variable?

Since I really wanted this to work and no one replied to the question, I circled back 90 days later and after trying many options again with none working, I dug into the source code for Apps: Tile Master 2 Child and I think I found the issue. Change line 1906 to what's below. I am pretty positive since searching for "linkURL" or linkName" in the code found no results. Plus I have it working in 3 multi-Tiles. :slight_smile:

1906       //theLink = "<a href='http://${linkURL}' target=_blank>${linkName}</a>"
change to:   theLink = "<a href='http://${linkBEFL} 'target=_blank>${linkBEF}</a>"

I know the author Bryan @bptworld is currently taking a break from coding and when he is back, he can review my findings and if agrees, can update the code for all.

1 Like

Hi. Just started using. Maybe someone will know the answers to a couple of questions:

-When I hit a tile's 'on' or 'off', a new tab is opened on my browser with JSON code (?) on it? How can I suppress this behavior?

-What am I getting into with MakerAPI? Is it cloud based? Security? etc.

Thanks.

edit: Solved the first question by reading through the first year's posts on this thread: Hit the Big Grey Button (implied: you dumb..a$$). Still have a couple more years to go, Lol.

1 Like

enable iFrame

the hub sends the command to the address specified, so it's a local connection Hub to self, but it allows toggle of the devices

1 Like

Any idea what this means? I keep getting it when I'm attempting custom color.

Error: No signature of method: java.math.BigDecimal.toLowerCase() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

edit: Hasn't done it again after deleting child app.
edit2: Happened again. Tough to have to delete the child.

1 Like

FWIW, whenever I need to shoe-horn more HTML into a small space, I try to "minify" every possible thing (CSS, vars, URLs, etc.). In the case of links, I wanted to remind fellow TM lovers that "shortcut" services like Bitly may be helpful, and you might even want to experiment with removing the http:// portion of your href's. Just a thought. A hard limit of 1024 chars (in the HE DB app tiles) just begs for creativity!

4 Likes

LOVE the idea to minify. Unfortunately, my bit.ly links stopped working when removing the https:// from the url. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi,
Looks like you posted in the wrong thread. This app has nothing to do with homebridge or enabling remote access.

Thanks

1 Like