[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

Just install via HPM and the updates will come nicely presented.
I just updated mine easy peasy.

1 Like

In favor of this feature request, did this a few times also. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thanks for moving the "Number of lines"

Is it possible to use a variable instead of a device ?

I have a running total I would like to display, that I have save in a Variable.

thanks

Nope, not at this time. If you or anyone wants to add it in, I do except pull requests. :wink:

I am getting an error on a new Dashboard and I need to know how to narrow it down.
I have all my tablets using the same 4 TM tiles in a Dashboard with no errors. I wanted to change the spacing as I have a tablet with a lower DPI and I'm tired of scrolling. I cloned it and just lowered the tile and spacing sizes. There is a bit of over-run on a couple of the TM tiles as the info is a bit too much for the new width. I don't think that is the issue but I get this every 10 minutes in the logs now:
app:12772022-05-05 08:11:35.606 warnExcluded attribute hubUpdateResp size of attribute > 1024 characters

1277 is the number of the new, compressed, Dashboard.
I have turned on the debug logs but each tile spits out hundreds of lines per update so a little hard for me to see what might be wrong. 3 of the tiles are around the 400 char count, one is 906. Is that one too close to 1024?
No error on the main Dashboard so that doesn't make sense.

EDIT:
After looking at my devices, where the true char count is, I noticed I still have a legacy TM device called Door Locks VL so maybe there was a bit of a conflict here with TM - Door Locks after the upgrade to TM2.
I tried to open both of these devices to delete the old one and I get the permanent spinner; I can open the other ones fine.
I need a way to force delete that old Door Locks VL I think.

EDIT2:
It is not listed as a child app for TM2 so it's left over from the original. Maybe install the original TM and create a Door Locks VL and try to delete then?

To delete any app, child or not, simply click the black cog next to the app. Then scroll to the bottom and click the big red 'remove' buttom.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 9.09.29 PM

As for why this happened, way too many variables.

And the endless spinning.... go into TM2 and click this button... :wink:

Yeah I get the app delete but I don't really want to remove the app and the 4 functioning tiles. It's the old tile that has been orphaned. It's not part of the TM2 child list. It's just a legacy app device I can't access.
SOLVED:
I didn't know about the X column to disable a device. SHowed that column and I was able to disable and then get in to delete.
Now to see if my >1024 log warning stops. Tile always seemed to function correctly.

Still log errors but you have, thankfully, a Clone feature. I cloned the errant tile and I can open that one :). I'll delete the one I can't open and recreate it from the clone settings. Should be good to go then.

Update.
I deleted the tile and recreated it.
I could open the device initailly but now I can't anymore, just the spinner.
I was getting the same arror message every 10 minutes about >1024 even though it was only in the 800ish range. I removed a 12 chars from the tile labels, which is nothig really, and the persisted for a whilke and then magically stopped yesterday. I still can't open the device but it's working fine just as it has for 10 months.
I get this if I try to open:

app:13942022-05-11 09:35:04.315 warndeviceStatusa: locked

Ah the mysteries of the "Code". Maybe it was the last releas of the OS, who knows.

PS. I am using Bitly for the other lock lines (2 & 3) but this one was well within the 1024 limit so it isn't.

Im not able to get the Maker API device control working unless it pops up a new window with the api results. Is this normal?

I'd read the current instructions, but I expect this part may not have changed... Otherwise, make sure you have added the device you want to control to the maker api app configuration.

Thanks, the miss here is that this "important information" section is only visible on line 1 of a multiline tile. If, as in my case, the device you are wanting to control is on line 2, then these instructions will never be visible. Also, after the tile has been created, at least for me, when you go to edit again, the last row being used will be shown, it does not start back at row 1, so again, its not visible.

Hi @bptworld, I need some help here; I am trying to build a tile similar to the one @mark.townshend built some time ago last February 26, with a set of lines simulating a water tank, but there is just no way I can build it. I simply cannot make the line to fall into the "between" area. Could it be that there is a bug somewhere?
I´m using a value that comes from my Tempest WS, specifically "PrecipAccumLocalDay", how much rain I'v had today, with values in mm, very small ones, such as 1.335656 or whatever, but I cannot make the lines to take that value and fall in between,

and I cannot make any line to show the color defined in BETWEEN, like the example I posted.

any ideas?? Thanks!!!

In my application the low setting is only active at 90, and High at 100, anything in between is in between.
the Cyan indicates it is somewhere between 91 and 99

I expect it is working with integer numbers, that is why you get no in between.

Is there an option to scale the output reading like the smart implant, and get a micro meter value in the integers?

Settings for my Fibaro Smart Implant, with Hydrostatic level probe.

The values for offset and range I measured using a 5 litre container, to put 25 litres in, and scaled for the working level of the tank.

You can add a test offset to the level equation, to test the Tile for any level you need.

I have a couple of 1000 litre IBC's connected on the collection side now, so I need to have a dumb tile displaying the Rain stock Variable based on the pump tank level sensor multiplied by the number of tanks.

Happy to make a donation if you can include Variables in your fancy tiles :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @mark.townshend for your suggestions.
I’ve looked at my device’s driver and it doesn’t include an option for equations unfortunately, so I can’t play with values to test the app.
I have been reviewing your post, and although I agree with you about thinking that the problem is related to integer values, i believe that actually the app works with decimals by looking at the shown values, with a dot and a zero on integer values.
@bptworld Bryan your comments will be appreciated.

New version...

2.6.2 - 05/22/22 - Adjusted some number handling

1 Like

:ok_hand: Looking good!

I’ll just have to wait for some rain to test it again with real data.

Thanks @bptworld Bryan!

Note 1: Yesterday we had some rain (barely, 1.3 mm) but enough to test a couple of tiles I have set, one with .5 intervals and the other one with 1.0 intervals, and it worked perfectly!!! Thanks Bryan

1 Like

I second the request for the ability to limit decimal places or round up/down numbers. Specifically wanting to apply to Sun altitude and azimuth numbers.

That's up to the device. All TM does is pull the data from other devices.