[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

create one tile with basically a blank background (again, perfect for the iframe), then create your other 2 tiles and overlap them. i believe it's newer tiles go on top, so you'll need to create them in the specific order to maintain the layering

in my picture, tile 3 is the top half, tile 8 is the double height, and tile 9 is the bottom. you can see tile 3 is behind tile 8, but tile 9 is in front of tile 8

Yes it is newer on top
I just did an experiment which worked.

If you change the order of the tiles in dashboard layout tab you can create the underlay tile at any time and then just move it to the first tile position.

Thanks

I have a question...maybe not directly related to Tile Master...
I have an oversized tile made with Tile master to show the temperature in Celsius (my hub setting is celsius).

I would like to make an identical tile but showing the temperature in Fahrenheit, is that possible?

Tile Master can display just about any attribute stored in HE. So if the temp is stored in a device, you can display it in TM.

Hi everyone,

@bptworld Bryan I’ve been using many of your apps for some time and I can tell you have been doing a great job.

Now, I’ve been playing with your Tile Master 2 app for a few days, and I believe now I understand clearly how it works, and how to configure it properly, except for one option, the API configuration.

I believe I have tested all options I can think of without success.

I have created a very simple one line tile with the API option turned on, and still no luck.

Maybe my problem is on Hubitat configuration options where I am missing something I can’t spot.

I use both Cloud and local (IP) dashboards, and I have double and triple-checked the Maker API app configuration and still don’t see anything wrong, except for the “ Allowed Hosts (for CORS)” section that is empty in my case.

Any suggestions on where should I look for?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,
Did you fill out the Marker API Config section in the TM parent app?

This is what I see, not sure if the proper data is in there

Just to make sure, where is that data supposed to be coming from?

The Maker API app

This is the info I got from Maker API, but just want to make sure I’m putting it on the right place.

This is where I took the data from, but just to make sure, where does A and B goes?

Am I taking data correctly from A and B?

Am I still missing something?

A = Cloud API Token
B = Maker API Access Token
Maker API App Number: 327 (not 4500 from your screenshot :wink:)

Also don't need Post location events or Ignore SSL Certs

Finally made it work, sort of, and now I understand how it works and what I was doing wrong, besides the wrong API number.

I’m using an iPad Pro with Safari, and just figured out that simply touching the icon is not enough to make it work, but i have to push and hold the button, and then a small window would pop up showing the link, and if touched again, then the switch will work.

I know it has something to do with iFrames, and now I have to figure out the correct configuration for this to work.

I noticed that there is no way to change the iFrame config once it is configured, and the only way to do it is to configure a new tile from scratch. Am I right?

Will do some testing on a laptop with google chrome.

Please comment,

I don't use any Apple products, so your on your own there.

Are you talking about the device?

Click the BIG grey box... "Important Information regarding the Virtual Device". Scroll to the bottom and flip the switch. You can now edit the device. Be sure to flip it back before using TM again.

@bptworld Bryan, today I´m testing everything from my office (remotely) via Cloud activated, and it works flawlessly!

It seems that working from an iPad has a weird behaviour, to know just in case.

Thank you for your help!!!

1 Like

As long as you have a switch defined in HE to control your garage doors, it's entirely possible.

As someone pointed out earlier, you have to enable the Maker API. Then paste the parts of the API (token, etc.) in Tile Master 2 to enable the control linkage.

IMG_7211

New version on GitHub...

2.5.9 - 02/24/22 - Fixed a cosmetic issue

On the next update, could you move the "Number of Lines" option on line one please.
On all the other lines, that is where you chose what line to edit.
I have slipped up and put 2 in there and wiped the other 7 lines :frowning:

Great App though, here's what I am using for my Loft rain water tank.

1 Like

New version on GitHub...
2.6.0 - 02/26/22 - Cosmetic change

I have only used GitHub a very few times and not for a year or more, so could you please point me to some instructions on how to do it that way?

How to install custom apps/drivers from GitHub